Marantz sr5006 vs Anthem MRX 710 please suggest urgent

santosh4

Dear FM,

I am planning for an upgrade for my avreciver, I have marantz sr5006 7.2 AVR and I am planning to go for Anthem MRX 710. Please let me know if its a right decision and the quality of sound I would be benifited.

How is it different from Marantz and how much % increase will be there when I shift from Marantz.

Regards,
San

The Anthem will be the last receiver you will buy if you do not want the newer codecs and sound formats like Atmos, Auro, etc. Anthem with ARC is unbeatable. The next step can only be a separate Anthem processor/power amp combo like the Statement D2V or AVM50 but you will have to spend a lot more.

Thanks for the reply, I see marantz is musical and when it comes to movies, I dint see much flaws but how will Anthem compete on both movies and music.

Anthem has got Atmos and dtsX version from this year onwards .please check the model and decide.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Their room correction system is tops.

Anthem MRX 710 is one of the top of the line models. As flanker has said, it will be the last one you buy.

Thanks for the reply, I see marantz is musical and when it comes to movies, I dint see much flaws but how will Anthem compete on both movies and music.

Anthem has better power and room correction.It will be better for movies.
Marantz will be warmer than anthem.May be more features.
After Anthem,many wont look back.:)
Just demo them.

Anthem MRX720 has both Atmos and DTS X.if you have enough budget go for Anthem.otherwise stick to Marantz .Also always audition and take a call. The speakers which you are having should gel well with the amp you are selecting.Good luck.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I am yet to come across an AVR that can bettter even a simple stereo amplifier when it comes to music. Having said that, I do not use the Anthem for music. However music video and concerts sound pretty good on the Anthem.

Hi

I use a Marantz AVR (NR Series) with a Pioneer BD player LX 55 and with the right set of cables, music sounds awesome on direct or pure direct mode....FLAC or mp3 (320kbps).

On normal stereo mode with the right tonal adjustments and 9 band EQ adjustments, you are set to experience music just like the old days when we used Arphi systems with separate amps + manual EQ + tape decks / CD player.

Its all about adjustments buddy.....that's how things become better. Don't depend on audyssey which makes computerized adjustments...

Hi

The key is to audition and decide....trust your ears as you are the ultimate user. You cant go wrong with the SR series....perhaps an updated version of the SR series would be better in terms of serviceable parts availability from a future perspective.

Pioneer LX series is also one of the top line AVRs....you can even check those.

If Anthem suits your requirements in terms of performance, requirements, budget and connectivity...go for it.

Recently while audition speakers for myself, I have audition Marantz SR5 series AVR with Wharfdale Diamond 230/240 speakers. I have also audition Paradigm Monitor 9 with Denon AVR 2200 and Paradigm Monitor 9 with Anthem MRX510. All of these auditions the best combination was Anthem and Paradigm. It's difficult to compare Anthem with either Marantz or Denon. Anthem is in a different league of AVR. It sound as good as separate pre power set. No need to buy separate stereo amp , you will be more than happy in both sound format. Not on warmer or brighter but a perfect balance on both. Huge difference in sound with Paradigm Monitor 9 with Anthem and Denon.With Anthem , experience was musical,powerful and lively. Comparing Marantz with Anthem , any time Anthem is best with its little aggressive and attacking sound rather than Marantz smoother and mellow sound.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back