Marantz SR5007 not responding to remote

dubninja

Hi, I have a Marantz SR5007 and stock remote that came with it is the RC017SR. The receiver was responding to the RC until a few days back when I last used it. But, today I tried to use the receiver but it simply would not respond to my remote control. I've tried all the tests including the IR transmission through camera which shows the RC is fine. Changing from Main Zone to Zone 2 and back on the remote but nothing seems to make my receiver respond to the remote. I've looked at the panel and there's no external cables connecting the external RC ports or anything. I even did a factory reset on the receiver as well but my RC still wont work with the receiver. Now, since i cant use the remote my receiver is pretty much useless until I can set it up and it's really frustrating. Anything I may have missed? Please let me know what I can do!

Is there "amp" button on remote?Press it to work.
Also if receiver is in pure direct mode, most of functions may not work.

Hi all,
I have a smilar situation. I got a Marantz 1605 , without any remote.

Im really wondering how to get this connected to the table android app. Is the remote control a pre requisite to get this step done. (ie entering password for the wifi access point so that receiver get connected to wifi network frst)?

Please advise.

Hi all,
I have a smilar situation. I got a Marantz 1605 , without any remote.

Im really wondering how to get this connected to the table android app. Is the remote control a pre requisite to get this step done. (ie entering password for the wifi access point so that receiver get connected to wifi network frst)?

Please advise.

No you do not need original remote for the App. Your receiver should be connected to your home network via a lan cable or wireless, whichever one is supported. The Denon android app should be able to do basic actions only. It will not be a full fledged replacement of the original remote.

MaSh

Hi, I have a Marantz SR5007 and stock remote that came with it is the RC017SR. The receiver was responding to the RC until a few days back when I last used it. But, today I tried to use the receiver but it simply would not respond to my remote control.

Do you see the red IR light glow on the remote? Checked the batteries?

MaSh

Hi Mash,
Thanks. I have this query. How will we enable the receiver access to the network , in my case the wifi has password. Somehow need to enter the password for the receiver to be put in the network .

Next query is , can i use a universal cheap remote to control Marantz ?
thanks ..

Hi

Universal remote may not work.....it again depends if the codes for Marantz are available....

.. How will we enable the receiver access to the WIFI network for the first time , in my case the wifi has a password. Somehow I need to enter the password for the receiver to be put in the network . Without a remote how this can be done ?

Hi Mash,
Thanks. I have this query. How will we enable the receiver access to the network , in my case the wifi has password. Somehow need to enter the password for the receiver to be put in the network .

Next query is , can i use a universal cheap remote to control Marantz ?
thanks ..

Thats a tricky one. Luckily my router is in the same rack as my receiver and I just ran a cable. I am not sure if the app will help you with the password as it will attempt to connect to a receiver already on the network. I guess if you have an option to connect the cable, do that.

MaSh

In my onkyo, sometime the mode change and receiver stops responding to remote. There is a receiver button in remote which will usually bring it back to life. Check that option in marantz as well

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back