Marantz SR5012 or Denon X3400H

goodsound

Dear all,
I need a help to decide between Marantz SR5012 or Denon X3400H. These two probably at the same price range. Please suggest.

Hi

Compare their specs and features....then take a call....

Marantz is more musical and Denon seems to be good for movies.....

There are Owner threads for both brands....you can read first hand feedback and reviews captured there...

Audition with the same content of movies and music and take a call....after all you will be the end user...

Dear all,
I need a help to decide between Marantz SR5012 or Denon X3400H. These two probably at the same price range. Please suggest.

Denon x 3400 it should be between the two for it has Audyssey XT32, which is the same on all higher series of Denon / Marantz..

Both are equally capable receiver and have almost similar features. In D&M group product line up AVR 3400h is higher model than SR 5012. As mentioned Audyssey Multi EQ XT32 Vs Multi EQ XT. SR5012 have multi channel analog input Vs Discrete Subwoofer Outputs in AVR 3400h. In sound quality both have their own merits and only audition and connected speakers can decide which sounds better. Overall sound signature to me " Marantz is more musical and subtle and Denon is punchy and weighty." If cost difference is minimal, I will select Denon AVR 3400h over Marantz SR5012. Marantz SR5013 and Denon AVR x3500h are on horizon with updated features. You may expect good discount on outgoing models.

@goodsound

Audition with your kind of music and movie content....as much as possible with the same set of speakers and decide......

Since you are based in Mumbai, visit the many dealers around.....

Denon x 3400 it should be between the two for it has Audyssey XT32, which is the same on all higher series of Denon / Marantz..
I'm not that fussy about the technology. Only I want good sound. So which one will be better. I liked Marantx SR6012 sound. But the price is beyond my budget.

Marantz SR 6012 is definitely better than 3400h and 5012 with more power, channels , pre outs and its a feature proof AVR. You may try SR 6012 without B&W for lower price. If difference is substantial and you are happy with deal then you may plunge to SR 6012.

MZ Audio in Bandra West Marantz and KEI Hifi for Denon in Santa Cruz West are authorised dealers. Hifi mart also deal in Marantz with competitive price. Just Google, you will get lots of shops who stock Marantz and Denon. Few FM may help you in better pricing of mentioned product.

Dear all,
Both are equally capable receiver and have almost similar features. In D&M group product line up AVR 3400h is higher model than SR 5012. As mentioned Audyssey Multi EQ XT32 Vs Multi EQ XT. SR5012 have multi channel analog input Vs Discrete Subwoofer Outputs in AVR 3400h. In sound quality both have their own merits and only audition and connected speakers can decide which sounds better. Overall sound signature to me " Marantz is more musical and subtle and Denon is punchy and weighty." If cost difference is minimal, I will select Denon AVR 3400h over Marantz SR5012. Marantz SR5013 and Denon AVR x3500h are on horizon with updated features. You may expect good discount on outgoing models.
Yes you are right, I would go for the denon avrx3400 any day of the week.

Just want to update Sound United bought D&M group, so D&M group don't exist now.

Cheers.

Any idea where in mumbai can I do this?

Bandra West very close to the station......(MZ Audio)....meet Sayyed...(say Eddie referred and he will make something less)

MZ Audio Distributions India.
Office No 2, Kamal Apartment,
Opp Kondor Interiors,
Next to Jama Masjid,
S.V. Road, Bandra West, Mumbai- 400 050.

There are also many other dealers in Andheri, Santa Cruz, Juhu, Worli, Heera Panna, Crawford Market, VT Fort, Nariman Point etc.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back