Marantz SR6012 & Polk RTI A9 floor standing speakers

I have auditioned Marantz SR6012 with KEF Q900 and the combo sounds great. Life like soundstage with strong and focused center image was the highlight. The combo was warm and musical may be more suitable for music. Also auditioned Polk RTiA5 with Denon AVR x2200 but to my test Polk was bright and may be not suitable for longer music listening sessions. Audition is the key in this regard....

The choice i have is KEF Q-950 on flipkart, should be similar to Q900 i guess. like you said the polks sounded bright but i did not listen long enough to judge. let me re-audition.

With Marantz 6012 u can't use full potential of rti a9.
I was using Polk rti a7 paired with marantz 6011 but never got satisfied. Then I paired it with marantz mm7025 power amp , result was much better.
ok.... did you try pushing more power by taking one more speaker output and connect to this ?

Thanks @efernand1 , even i am hoping the Polks & Marantz are good combos. whenever i have auditioned KEF & Polks with Denon i feel the polks have a good distinguisher for the details, though some say its sharp/harsh....but i kind of liked. And another thing is the bass is very good and better than KEF.

One thing i did not understand is do i need to connect additonal wires from other speakers to the zone 2 speaker in order to get more power ? Will this screw up anythign else ?

What do you mean by powered speakers, aren't Polk RTI A9 isn't powered ones ?

If you are using the Polks as Main speakers....front channels....you can assign the amp to use as B Front speakers or Bi Amp ...this means additional wires from each speaker to the AVR.......refer to manual for more details on how to connect......

Apparently you are already using the avr as 5.1 and want to use the zone 2 for another place.....so try to make manual adjustments...

KEF Q950 is the latest version of Q series. New Q x50 series is better than similarly price speakers from other brands. You will enjoy music for longer periods with Q 950. Audition and decide....

i don't know the ProFX also was trying to sell the Polks than KEFS and during audition i liked the bass & sharpness on Polks. Wat kind of music sounds better on KEFs. infact i already have HT setup and i have BS speakers from Dali & i feel they are warm.
I tried KEFs & Polks, like i mentioned on some thread, firstly Profx always tries to sell Polk & when they play the music - i really like the bass & the sharpness on Polks better. And on KEF they are not so good....so whats wrong here ...i kind of music matters ? or i guess i am not able to catch the difference.... :(
Trust your ears. If you like RTI A9 then that's the speaker for you.
Just make sure the AVR can drive them to your expectations.
Cheers,
Raghu

Friends,
I would like to go with the following combination of Marantz SR6012( i already own) with Polk RTI A9 towers. i got to hear that Marantz(warm) & Polk(sharp) goes well, i have these questions

1) Can Marantz SR6012 support Polk RTI A9 ? or will it lack on the power side and will need an extra amp ?
2) Is this a good combination
3) I am limited to either POlk or KEF floor standing speakers since i have coupons on Flipkart and can't seem to find another set of FS as of now.

Btw the purpose is to use this in my terrace room for mostly music since i have the HT setup in the living room and i will be using this as "zone2" of my Marantz.

Thanks in advance.

-Manju

well the SR6012 is mid range avr so it won't have the juice for the Rti A9.

Unless you plan to update your avr in sometime then go for it, otherwise the 6012 will struggle to ge the potential of the speakers.

Size of the room? do you like to hear it loud?

Cheers.

well the SR6012 is mid range avr so it won't have the juice for the Rti A9.

Unless you plan to update your avr in sometime then go for it, otherwise the 6012 will struggle to ge the potential of the speakers.

Size of the room? do you like to hear it loud?

Cheers.
ok, no i don't plan on upgrading, i will probably settle for RTI A7 may be. i don't like to listen loud. Room is little large around 15x22

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back