Marantz SR6012 Unboxing & First Impressions

I am not sure but I am paying directly to MZ Audio and it will be shipped directly by them from Mumbai, they have assured full services at all dealer and will send me a invoice with GST Breakup.

For speaker which I will be buying in a month or 2 my budget is arnd 50k for center/ fronts. can be strectehed a little if needed.

Just confirmed the price of Dali Zensor3 is Rs36500 and Vokal is Rs 22500 with 10% discount so translates to 33k and 20k roughly.

The GST breakup Invoice means it is not a Grey Market purchase, that is a good price in my opinion. I have bought from MZ audio earlier, no issues whatsoever, all genuine products.
What is your Room Size, What about the Subwoofers ? SR 6012 is an Atmos capable receiver, You can invest in Good Center from Wharfdale (check hifimart.com) and many Smaller Satellites like Polk OMW 3 etc to configure Atmos capable system.

Dali is a good Combo, the prices have increased post GST , You have to use your existing Wharfdales as Surrounds or Sell them, if you go with Dali.
it is better to open a separate thread asking for advice, instead of bumping this relatively old one.

The GST breakup Invoice means it is not a Grey Market purchase, that is a good price in my opinion. I have bought from MZ audio earlier, no issues whatsoever, all genuine products.
What is your Room Size, What about the Subwoofers ? SR 6012 is an Atmos capable receiver, You can invest in Good Center from Wharfdale (check hifimart.com) and many Smaller Satellites like Polk OMW 3 etc to configure Atmos capable system.

Dali is a good Combo, the prices have increased post GST , You have to use your existing Wharfdales as Surrounds or Sell them, if you go with Dali.
it is better to open a separate thread asking for advice, instead of bumping this relatively old one.

Thanks for advice, I don;t have a SW yet , but I will be getting PL200ii in cpl of months may be, if I use existing wharfedales as surrounds will it gel well with the Dali? will open a new thread once I receive it next week maybe. My room is rather big 22x18, will be building a 5.1 only for now as ceiling speaker are a pain to setup I believe.

Last edited:
MZ price for the SR 6012? (Mumbai).
I have dali ikon mk2 5.1 and my Denon 2312 is dead (beyond redemption). (so I have to buy an AVR)
Also congrats on your purchase!

ProFx is asking for 1,00,000 for x3400h and 1.5 for x4400h, which IMHO is too much.
Marantraz on hifimart is for 1.12L which is a much better deal (or is it?).

Edit: Clarified.

Last edited:
MZ price for the same? (Mumbai)
I have dali ikon mk2 and my denon 2312 are dead (beyond redemption).
Also congrats on your purchase!
I was quoted 90k with bill and warranty but MZ is having issues with customs so its stuck, being offered 7012 for 1.35 but I am not sure if its worth it.

I was quoted 90k with bill and warranty but MZ is having issues with customs so its stuck, being offered 7012 for 1.35 but I am not sure if its worth it.
Thanks for the quick reply!

I too am in a dilemma, as the HT is kept in our home where we do not live! Not sure if we want to invest 1L in a house we no longer live in.
Do let us know about your experience once you get em!

Thanks for the quick reply!

I too am in a dilemma, as the HT is kept in our home where we do not live! Not sure if we want to invest 1L in a house we no longer live in.
Do let us know about your experience once you get em!
sure I will

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back