MARTIN LOGAN ESL

ONEMANARMY

These were gifted by me to a dear friend about 8 years ago who used them for 2 years but put them in storage when he moved into a smaller house.
When I tested them last week, the woofers at the bottom were working but the electrostatic panels were not.

Can someone point me to a technician who would be able to repair these. Preferably in Mumbai.

Thanks in advance

Since behavior is same on both the channels, did you check if some jumpers are missing?

Out of topic I always had my doubts ever since I have seen this speakers and never found the answer. Why is the Front grill so tall and bigger then the speaker ?

Out of topic I always had my doubts ever since I have seen this speakers and never found the answer. Why is the Front grill so tall and bigger then the speaker ?

That is not a grille... it is the Electrostatic panel which produces mid and highs, augmenting the panel are traditional cone woofers housed in a bass-reflex enclosure.

They call it as hybrid system, the speakers are not passive they do require power.

Last edited:
That is not a grille... it is the Electrostatic panel which produces mid and highs, augmenting the panel are traditional cone woofers housed in a bass-reflex enclosure.

They call it as hybrid system, the speakers are not passive they do require power.
Thanks for clearing that up

A friend of mine is having Martin Logan and he has the same issue. The electrostatic works during summer , and will not during monsoon season. The moisture and dust is the biggest enemy for electrostats. Not much of help from the distributors either. Now it has become a seasonal speakers for him.

Hey guys,
Sorry I was busy the whole day..
OK.
Bornfi, the sound is not equally bad on both, so not an issue of jumpers and since both speakers are powering up, just not sounding right in the highs/mids, the issue is with the panels only.
Just to make sure the problem was not about enough power, I have even tried them with a 250wpc amp.
I think these will have to go back into storage until I find someone

Prem, these are in Nasik so cant blame Mumbai weather :)

Thanks guys.

Onemanarmy, so hopefully it should be all good :)

I had to pretty much write off my panels

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back