Martin Logan center-channel speaker panel rebuild

Jazzman53

Hi all,

Ive just rebuilt the stat panel in a Martin Logan Theater center channel speaker. These speakers are no longer supported by ML, so if you had one with a weak or dead panel, you were SOL.

But that ain't necessarily so...

I attempted to copy/paste the write-up from my speaker blog here but the font and background turned wonky, and its a huge amount to retype, so I'm just posting a link below showing the photos and write up:

http://jazzman-esl-page.blogspot.com/2011/11/compensating-diplole-phase-cancellation.html

I have a ML ESL front speaker waiting for a similar diaphragm replacement. Have some spares, have to collect the rest, especially the vhb tape. It'd have been good to have someone experienced around, but we are several thousand miles apart.
Good job on that speaker.

I have a ML ESL front speaker waiting for a similar diaphragm replacement. Have some spares, have to collect the rest, especially the vhb tape. It'd have been good to have someone experienced around, but we are several thousand miles apart.
Good job on that speaker.
I was amazed that I got the panel apart without destroying the spacer tape on either stator, and it still had good tack after 18 years. The 4-mil tape was cheap but the other tapes would have been $58 each for 15ft rolls.

I am wondering if it'd be possible/advisable to bolt the spacers together, with the appropriate spacers in between.... Foam or similar. Drill a 2.5mm hole on the periphery of the spacer.
What do you think?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back