My first ML speaker! Need advice Vista vs ESL

fredbergy

Hi there,

want to accomplish another dream the one to own my own Martin Logan speaker!

I want to put my system on my living room where the dimension is 16'X13' with a 96" standart ceiling..

As i am on a budget tight decision i was looking on some classified ad and get narrowed to 2 ad that have retain my attention :

1- Vista the guy ask 1600$Cad for the pair it say that they are like new condition.. (receive a response from him that the speaker have been bought 5 years ago from a local hifi store here, no warranty)

2- Electromotion ESL the guy ask 1800$Cad for the pair but the kit come with a dynamo700 subwoofer. It have been bought couple month ago with a 9 years warranty.. (i own already a subwoofer here so the subwoofer is not an isue just a plus value for me!)

From what i read here the vista seem better then the ESL one because of the bigger stat panel... So for warranty does the electrostatic panel can be a lot of problem??? Or they are not really??

I see that you can put a cover protection on them when not in use do this protection cover come with the pair when you buy them new?

Also as i will probably have to check the speaker when i will buy one pair what is the best way to acheive an inspection of the speaker before showing the money? ;-)

Also i have a Marantz SR6200 here able to push 110W at 8 ohms.. As i dont want to rock the place do you think that it can be a good start without risk of damaging the speaker?

I know that i will have to change in the near future but i don't have the money to buy all in the first move!!

When i will have to make the move any advice on a good AV receiver?

Thanks for your reply!
Fred

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back