Matching AVR and speakers

amalanil

My journey in this forum started in search of what converter to be used to connect an old speaker system to my new TV a few days back. Now here I am, now searching for the best system I can find under 90k.

After some intense research online and asking help from dealers/home theater shops(but I can't believe blindly them since they will be more interested in their profit) I came to this conclusion.

AVR: Yamaha RX-485
Speakers: TAGA 606 V3 5.0
Sub: Elac s8 or s10
This was actually suggested to me by a small audio shop guy(dads friend and he is the one buying). When I tried Suggesting the TAGA 606 SE and Polk fusion T series systems, the guy said that their powers do not match and there is a fair chance of failure in the long run. I did my research and found out small variations are there BUT are those small variations going to really have an effect?

Anyhow I googled and contacted some dealers from my neighboring district and found the same system with a price difference of 10k. So we kinda ditched this guy but he will be the one coming to set up the system. I prefer the Polk Fusion T series over the Taga but I don't want to get into trouble making the wrong choice. So experts please help me make this choice.
Attaching screenshots about power handling.

Thank you in advance :)

Attachments

• polk t series.JPG
    polk t series.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 15
  • taga 606 v3.JPG
    taga 606 v3.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 14
  • yamaha rxv485.JPG
    yamaha rxv485.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 10
Audition where possible and trust your ears.....if audition is not possible then see some YouTube videos to get some fair idea about their playback performance....

Compare specs and take a call.......personally I would choose the Polks over the Taga

Audition where possible and trust your ears.....if audition is not possible then see some YouTube videos to get some fair idea about their playback performance....

Compare specs and take a call.......personally I would choose the Polks over the Taga

Audition is not possible. I'm going with Polk too if possible. I just wanted to know whether the power rating matches. Or if any other problem would arise

AVR: Yamaha RX-485
Speakers: TAGA 606 V3 5.
This is good combo as long as HT is priority. I have used similar combo in past(RX-V667).
Taga has good soundstage too_Only thing I found that towers lacks midbass in music.

I have auditioned the T Series, I was not happy with the Highs and Mids. If budget is not a constraint, You can plan an Polk RTI A3 as fronts and RTI A1 as surrounds and CSI A4 as center (60K for this setup)). Else you can get the RTI A1 as front and surround and CSI A4 as center channel(54k). Please note I have considered as 25 % discount on MRP for Polk. IMO, this would be better option than the T Fusion series.

Also, Denon X550 BT or 250BT you should be able to find one with 30% discount easily.

You cannot go wrong with Polk RTI A series for the build, price and sound. For their specs of 8 ohms, 89 db they are very easy on the avr as well.

Audition is not possible. I'm going with Polk too if possible. I just wanted to know whether the power rating matches. Or if any other problem would arise

If hooking to the RXV 485.....it will work fine......all electronics like amp or avrs will heat up when used at loud volumes or will gradually get warm with low volume usage....you need to ensure as per operating manual the avr or amp is ventilated well and you have an option to add an external fan to it

See the Youtube videos where available to get a fair idea....what will be good to me ,,may not work well for you as everyone has their own choices, preferences and tastes...

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back