Matching integrated amp for R2R NOS dac

lithiumnk

Hello FM

I'm looking for a matching integrated amp for my Metrum Pavane R2R NOS DAC.
My speakers are Jeff Bagby's Kairos DIY (sealed) with sensitivity ~85db & Raal Requisite SR1A (>100wpc/6ohms reqd) ribbon earspeakers.
Kairos scale very well with high current amps as informed by my friends.

Importing is not an option for me.

Budget is ~5L.

Thanks

The amp selection would depend on your speakers more than the DAC. Just look for options that preserve the tone and transparency of the dac. I can vouch for the Accuphase E450 (from personal experience), presumably the later versions maintain this. There should be enough other options in your budget (used or new)

The amp selection would depend on your speakers more than the DAC. Just look for options that preserve the tone and transparency of the dac. I can vouch for the Accuphase E450 (from personal experience), presumably the later versions maintain this. There should be enough other options in your budget (used or new)
Jai is so right. The speaker amp synergy is the key. If my entry level metrum octave DAC is any indication , metrum DAC's are of the neutral kind . So the Speaker's and amp are going to decide your tonality.

What about Luxman?
I heard Denon PMA110 anniversary model is really good ( dont ignore it)
Other options are models from ASR and Gryphon, not sure about the price.

Thanks !

@jai1611 @himadri @renjith lal Any advise for Monoblocks power amp in the same budget.
I can pair with my tube DHT preamp.
Matching power amps with tube pres is tricky given issues around gain and impedance matching. I would recommend limiting the search to stuff which is available for demo in your city. For high end power amps, expect that to be a very short list

Matching power amps with tube pres is tricky given issues around gain and impedance matching. I would recommend limiting the search to stuff which is available for demo in your city. For high end power amps, expect that to be a very short list
Only anode acoustics mono block power amp are available in my city.
Sadly, not much gear available for demo especially after covid.

Only anode acoustics mono block power amp are available in my city.
Sadly, not much gear available for demo especially after covid.
Its a big risk to try and match a tube pre with a high end power amp on paper specs alone. Your original integrated amp idea may be a better option.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back