Matching Speakers

mdprabakar

Hi,

I have recently purchased Pioneer Amplifier of Model A102 which has 30 watts RMS per Channel. I want to buy a 3 way speaker for this amplifier. Can anyone suggest matching speakers for this amplifier ?
Second is Wattage should be more in amplifier or speakers. What is the thumb rule ? There are many different opinions on this subject. Kindly clarify.
Please mail at [email protected]

Prabakar

Hi Prabakar,

I assume that this is a 2 channel Stereo amp. 30 w RMS may be a bit too low to drive floor standing speakers. Your speakers should be able to handle more power than your amp. You may be better off with a pair of good Bookshelves with this amp. If you find the bass too low, then you can add a sub later. There are various options available depending upon your budget.

Optionally, you can try the Craftel speakers. They have excellent floor standing and other speakers at reasonable prices. Since you are based in Chennai, you can may be take your amp to their show room and play it around with their speakers and find the right pair.

You can speak to Marc of Craftel at 09841023957

Thanks

Rajendran

Thanks a lot....For my amp of 40 wattts rms,,,,what should be my Book shelf speakers wattage...Regards Prabakar..

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back