Matshushita Electric - Technics, Sanyo Electric and Panasonic

mbhangui

There is a post about a forum member's frustating experience with a LG TV. I too have had numerous bad experience with this brand, so much that I went with Panasonic TV in 2012. My TV is still going strong in 2022 without even one bad experience. Absolute stunning performance even after 4803 hours. Then I realized that I this panasonic brand actually is Matsushita Electric founded by Kōnosuke Matsushita. When you have passion for something, it shows.

1645731593549.png

From 1950 to 1973, Matsushita's company became one of the world's largest manufacturers of electrical goods, sold under well-known trademarks including Panasonic and Technics. Matsushita stepped down as President of Panasonic in 1961 and was succeeded as president by his son-in-law, Masaharu Matsushita. Konosuke Matsushita's two grandsons are Masayuki Matsushita, who is the current vice-chairman of Panasonic, and Hiro Matsushita, who is a former driver in the Champ Car series and owns Swift Engineering, an aerospace firm and race car constructing company which he bought in 1991. Hiro Matsushita is also the chairman of Swift Xi, which located in Kobe, Japan.

Konosuke Matsushita remained active in Panasonic's operations until his complete retirement in 1973. Since 1954, Matsushita also gained a significant shareholding in manufacturer JVC by forming an alliance. It still retains a 50% share today. In retirement, Matsushita focused on developing and explaining his social and commercial philosophies and wrote 44 published books. One of his books, entitled “Developing A Road To Peace And Happiness Through Prosperity”, sold over four million copies. In 1979, at the age of 84, he founded the Matsushita School of Government and Management to train the future politicians and businessmen of Japan.

Brands associated with Matsushita Electric

1. Sanyo Electric
  2. Technics
  3. Panasonic - Panasonic is the largest Japanese consumer electronic company. Matsushita is referred to as the "God of Management"
  4. JVC (acquired)
I wonder when will someone from our own land become so passionate about something and build a global brand that is synonymous with quality.

Last edited:
I wonder when will someone from our own land become so passionate about something and build a global brand that is synonymous with quality.

Thanks for sharing the info and more importantly, happy and surprised to see that you too had the same thought, longing for an Indian Brand to be global player both in terms of business and quality products

Recently, I think that TATA and Mahindra are bringing some good products.

For example they focus on safety of the vehicles they launch, which no other brands give importance as far our Indian manufacturers are concerned.

I believe, hope and wish they one day become like Toyota, Ford, Hyundai etc....

Also, would be happy to see our Indian brands in the likes of Marantz, Denon, Arcam, Klipsh, etc

Matsushita rolled out fine creations for audio as well under different brands, National, Panasonic, Technics… There is a huge catalogue of amazing drivers with incredible frequency response and is unknown to rest of the world except Japan.

Would you believe these drivers bear all three names, “Matsushita, National Panasonic and Technics” ! And are just one of the big series of drivers they created !

View attachment 67694

Excellent Post and Finding @mbhangui !!

View attachment 67693

So are these the topmost drivers in your open baffle setup here? WOW

Yes and I am lucky to have two pairs of these and often dream of another two !!!

And these are also pictured on my forum profile. Here is a review of these by Kevin, who too later got his hands on a pair of these…

We share a lot of craziness…..

I firmly believe Matsushita to be a groundbreaking phenomena contributing to different technical fields….
I can't help admiring even the two terminals on these drivers. They look so well engineered and classy.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back