McIntosh Commemorative Amplifiers

Ossidian

McIntosh 50th commemorative vs 70th amplifier. McIntosh 70th anniversary amplifier has gone with a more modern look.
Please share your opinions in the new design approach. First two pictures are of my 50th anniversary MC2000 amplifier
and the last two are of the 70th anniversary MC2152.

Q0o0vIm.jpg

2kbsvQf.jpg

obmK0bh.jpg

1huqXU7.jpg

The blueish meters are like a logo for McIntosh. Apart form the sound quality, the meters give them a special identity and a venerated place in the history of amps.
I am sad to see them go in the modern makeover.

McIntosh 50th commemorative vs 70th amplifier. McIntosh 70th anniversary amplifier has gone with a more modern look.
Please share your opinions in the new design approach. First two pictures are of my 50th anniversary MC2000 amplifier
and the last two are of the 70th anniversary MC2152.

Not a fan of the new look to be honest. A McIntosh without the meters is not the same.

Not a fan of the new look to be honest. A McIntosh without the meters is not the same.

Agreed, I do not care for the new styling on the MC2152. The square transformers in combination with long curved styling cues seems not
very well thought out.

Old looks cool to me especially with the signature VU Meters having Blue lights but the new design scores better on the WAF front I guess. Wish they had incorporated VU meters though.

I have a little different thought here.
Of-course, the most lovely part was the fascinating blue meter in any McIntosh. But in these 7 decades many new audio enthusiasts from different gen came up & who may fall in love with this new design.
To me personally I did like the green lights version which was just glowing up with McIntosh Logo & the 8 vacuum tubes are projected above the logo in a dark room, which was heavenly while listening. The traditional blue meter were little older & I would welcome to have the new design.

The new design incorporates a 50+ kg weight in such a well engineered manner, utilizing the best spacing parameters

P.S:
I believe, they are not gonna change all their product looks. If I'm not wrong, the 70th anniversary edition was only limited to 70 units & all of them were already sold. I think they launched this special edition as a combination of C70 + MC2152.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back