mega thread for avr..

hey bros.

is onkyo 5 series avr available in india like 605,805,875 and 905

and what is the difference between 905 and 906 i mean everything is same instead of more hdmi inputs

605 is hell of a machine...most selling Onkyo machine. Market went mad when it was launched and still people swear by the performance of the machine. Of course with time every company upgrades their equipment line. But the recent one 607 are said to be inferior when compared to the older 605 and 606.

605 is hell of a machine...most selling Onkyo machine. Market went mad when it was launched and still people swear by the performance of the machine. Of course with time every company upgrades their equipment line. But the recent one 607 are said to be inferior when compared to the older 605 and 606.

ya i also heard about 607 no that good that's why i;m asking about older 5 series

one difference i just check in 875 and 876 is 875 has thd of 0.05% where as 876 has thd 0f 0.08%

so that's why i'm wondering if i gonna buy 905 is it avaialble here or not

The only issue will be procuring the older series. Once I saw (I think some 2 months back) 605 at Vector in Bangalore. I do not really know if that was a demo piece...but in Delhi you will definitely find a lot of dealers stocking at least some of these machines.

Manu, I have said this before, but this discussion will have more meaning if you list the following:

1. Your exact requirements in the AVR - 5.1 or 7.1, HD Audio Upscaling and all the possible details.

2. What sound signature are you looking for? Preference between music and movie sound?

3. Your budget. Depending upon this there are more AVRs (maybe even better ones) available in the market.

Cheers

Hi all,

I am too on the lookout for a AVR that will perform 100% for movies only no music. I have another stereo setup for music. Budget is around 50K give or take. Further I am not going to buy any speakers now they are for the future. I have two onkyo bookshelves which I will use presently as the fronts. I like the sonodyne pre power combi since it looks good but sadly does not have any hd audio deceoding ano obviously no video upscaling.

I had bought a HTIB sony DAV S700 in the 90's and now after using it almost a decade I have decided to upgrade. This is being done in stages first i went for a stereo setup since music is my first love (it consists of Lyrita pre + poweramps (all valve setup) coupled with a sony cassette deck and onkyo cd player). Now the upgrade bug has bitten me again and I think i will at last go for either a dedicated CDP or an AVR.

Nowdays the onkyo cd player which in fact has a amp section to it doubles up as the amp whenever i am watching movies.

Guys any thoughts on these

How are the HD audio codecs. I do not yet have a Blue ray. Is SD video upscaling any good?

I have airtel IPTV connection at home and a samsung 1080pk dvd player; WDTV which are used as sources.

Waiting for some good responses

Thanks

Manu, I have said this before, but this discussion will have more meaning if you list the following:

1. Your exact requirements in the AVR - 5.1 or 7.1, HD Audio Upscaling and all the possible details.

2. What sound signature are you looking for? Preference between music and movie sound?

3. Your budget. Depending upon this there are more AVRs (maybe even better ones) available in the market.

Cheers

hello sir
i choose onkyo coz it got more punch than denon or others and i like the way onkyo sounds :)

my requirements are for 5.1 and only for movies and games

budget 70 to 1 lakh :)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back