mega thread for speakers..

manu4panjab

hey bros.

this my thread for all my speakers need (not only for me for anybody who wants to ask about speakers).so now on all my questions for speakers are here

it's also easy for my bros. and i thought this time don't want to frustrate anybody with my speakers different threads

i hope you understand

Thanks for starting the thread Manu as I am also looking for some specific suggestion for speaker. Well, I need a 5.1 speker set only for movies..... again 100% for movies only. My current setup consists of Panny PV8,
Sony PS3, Denon DVD palyer 1740 and Denon AVR 1606 . I am already offered some combinations of Polk Speaker packages from Profx and the deals are not too bad which spans between 40k to 65k.The sound from Polk is excellent to a common non-audiophile person like me. All the packages they have offered is a combination of both floorstander and bs. Now my question is that do I really need floorstanders for movies?? Or a satellite combination will do for me. I am open for both but need your opinion before a final take. I also have auditioned Q Acoustics 1010 and sound is really awesome. So for which one I should go for. My budget for speaker is 60k maximum and room size is around 300sqft .

Thanks for starting the thread Manu as I am also looking for some specific suggestion for speaker. Well, I need a 5.1 speker set only for movies..... again 100% for movies only. My current setup consists of Panny PV8,
Sony PS3, Denon DVD palyer 1740 and Denon AVR 1606 . I am already offered some combinations of Polk Speaker packages from Profx and the deals are not too bad which spans between 40k to 65k.The sound from Polk is excellent to a common non-audiophile person like me. All the packages they have offered is a combination of both floorstander and bs. Now my question is that do I really need floorstanders for movies?? Or a satellite combination will do for me. I am open for both but need your opinion before a final take. I also have auditioned Q Acoustics 1010 and sound is really awesome. So for which one I should go for. My budget for speaker is 60k maximum and room size is around 300sqft .

Q-Acoustics (and they do sound good for music too). You don't really need FS for movies and even for music FS don't really cut it for rap/hip-hop kind of bass heavy music, only a sub will do it but FS do go a lot lower.

thanks bro ,yaar i'm too non-audiophile but if you want my opinion go for polk then its value for money and don't worry about harshness(as everybody says) they are not harsh speakers really trust me its just room acoustics even in a non acoustic room million dollar speaker sound harsh

so it's just my opinion bro ,many of my other brothers here can suggest you too as they are all great knowledgeable persons here

as you asking about fs or bs from what my experience fs are superb as i too use bs before but after getting fs there's no way i'm going back to bs and a sub is must for low bass notes so consider that in your calculation,i'm also gonna buy another polk tsi 500 for surrounds

Last edited:
trust me its just room acoustics even in a non acoustic room million dollar speaker sound harsh

are you trying to pull up a fast one on us - we all try to help each other on this forum but manu if you don't know something do not comment on it - just like if someone asks you if the bridge ahead is broken - if you dont know say so - don't conjure up something fancy that may lead to financial harm or loss to anyone.

PS: Do please understand that people everyday are trying to tell you something on the number of irrelevant posts and threads you create everyday - there are threads for all kinds of queries you post - please visit them and post there instead of creating such posts.

are you trying to pull up a fast one on us - we all try to help each other on this forum but manu if you don't know something do not comment on it - just like if someone asks you if the bridge ahead is broken - if you dont know say so - don't conjure up something fancy that may lead to financial harm or loss to anyone.

PS: Do please understand that people everyday are trying to tell you something on the number of irrelevant posts and threads you create everyday - there are threads for all kinds of queries you post - please visit them and post there instead of creating such posts.

hey bro don't get mad is it not true that without room acoustics speakers sound bad if it is not true then why so many audiophile prefer it

indifference__by_ejsz.jpg

Manu - while it is true that in a room with very poor acoustics, even the most expensive speakers will not sound at their best, it is also true that the Polk speakers (excepting Lsi) are not really cut out for music. At least of the non-metallica kind.

There are loads of speakers which can do better with both instruments, voice as well as detailing. The Polk tweeters too leave a lot to be desired. Bass, though, is outstanding if you like a thump which is hard hitting but not necessarily the tightest with the least overhang. This has been my experience.

Manu - while it is true that in a room with very poor acoustics, even the most expensive speakers will not sound at their best, it is also true that the Polk speakers (excepting Lsi) are not really cut out for music. At least of the non-metallica kind.

There are loads of speakers which can do better with both instruments, voice as well as detailing. The Polk tweeters too leave a lot to be desired. Bass, though, is outstanding if you like a thump which is hard hitting but not necessarily the tightest with the least overhang. This has been my experience.

thanks brother ,actually i'm noy using or demo any other brand so for me polk sound good for my taste

today i just new polk cs 20 centre channel speaker and sold old one ,i sold it or should i say i bought new one coz my old speakers too much distorted ,first i thought may be its new avr 606 but today when i connect new one all the distortion disappear :)

i'm very much happy now as my problem solved

now i want to ask you as we all know about speakers break-in period ,i want to know at what volume should i playing it and for how many hours

like onkyo 606 has volume dail from 0 to 75 so should i break-in centre speaker at volume 10 or 20 or 30 or 40 and if now on i play onkyo at low volumes like in between 15 to 25 does it hurt my speakers i mean to say if we play at very low volumes does it hurt our speakers

please reply :)

Last edited:
Since this is the mega speaker thread, let me tickle my curiosity.

I believe the new Meira Kumar speakers are much better than te earlier ones. There is a clear opinion in the UPA community that the earlier CPM speakers were too harsh on the ears.

Should i buy the new MK speakers?

Last edited:
Since this is the mega speaker thread, let me tickle my curiosity.

I believe the new Meira Kumar speakers are much better than te earlier ones. There is a clear opinion in the UPA community that the earlier CPM speakers were too harsh on the ears.

Should i buy the new MK speakers?

Lovely Ramanujam! You know you had me there. I actually googled 'Meira Kumar speakers' thinking it could be some designer variety:). Yeah, I know - hook, line and sinker.

now i want to ask you as we all know about speakers break-in period ,i want to know at what volume should i playing it and for how many hours

like onkyo 606 has volume dail from 0 to 75 so should i break-in centre speaker at volume 10 or 20 or 30 or 40 and if now on i play onkyo at low volumes like in between 15 to 25 does it hurt my speakers i mean to say if we play at very low volumes does it hurt our speakers

Speaker break-in, like most break-in is a controversial topic. There are many who believe in it and many who do not.

You say your new centre channel sounds good. That is a great relief, as I know you have been struggling with it for quite some time.

There are multiple ways of breaking in a speaker.

1. You can play some music at low volume on a continuous basis for a few nights. If you CD player can loop a song, do that, keep it on a whole night (low volumes will do) will do and go to sleep. Do this for roughly 50 hours or so.

2. Download a series of notes at various frequencies and play them continuously on the speakers. Again, you can do this in the night at low volumes.

Cheers

Speaker break-in, like most break-in is a controversial topic. There are many who believe in it and many who do not.

You say your new centre channel sounds good. That is a great relief, as I know you have been struggling with it for quite some time.

There are multiple ways of breaking in a speaker.

1. You can play some music at low volume on a continuous basis for a few nights. If you CD player can loop a song, do that, keep it on a whole night (low volumes will do) will do and go to sleep. Do this for roughly 50 hours or so.

2. Download a series of notes at various frequencies and play them continuously on the speakers. Again, you can do this in the night at low volumes.

Cheers

thank you sir mmm yaaaaa i got great relief now from centre channel

sir but you don't ans. my ques. about do playing at low volumes harm our speakers

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back