Metrum Hex Dac

rahul_muzik

Hi fm's

Met rum hex Dac is retailed at very good price as you all have might seen in the pricelist , the price in inr is 1.56L which is a good price, so,I'm thinking of buying it but I don't have PayPal or Iban, wanted to know how you ppls do it safely with assurity?

You'll need to factor in the customs duty. It'll probably end up close to 2L or even over if you're doing a direct import

Nice DAC selection. Paypal is completely safe, just register with CC and BANK A/C. Yes, customs Duties will be around 50K, might also be less if you lucky.

In theory this reads up to very interesting DAC. I would love to hear it. Are you based out of Delhi? I use an NOS DAC myself with 4 parallel decks so would be keen to see how other NOS DACs perform.

Do keep us posted with your impressions when you finally receive it.

Cheers !!

there is a metrum octave on sale on hifiads and you may want to talk to the seller. The advantage is to dont have to transact forex it will be in INR.

But the choice of Octave or Hex also depends on the music chain you have.

Manytimes - it is the equipment with the simpler spec that does the job. Do keep that in mind as well.

Overall - the metrum should be a good product .

enjoy !

regards

Thanks mpw. The octave has been sold and I just updated the ad.

The octave is a very good DAC. I had the opportunity to directly compare 1 to 1.5 lakh DACs from four different brands and this octave performed very well, especially when the music gets complex.

The performance may vary with the transport. I had good result with oppo, marantz CD player as transport. Also it performed decent with the entry level Sony bdp for streaming

I am sure the hex will be even better

Thanks mpw. The octave has been sold and I just updated the ad.

The octave is a very good DAC. I had the opportunity to directly compare 1 to 1.5 lakh DACs from four different brands and this octave performed very well, especially when the music gets complex.

The performance may vary with the transport. I had good result with oppo, marantz CD player as transport. Also it performed decent with the entry level Sony bdp for streaming

I am sure the hex will be even better

Which DAC are you upgrading to sir?

for that level of dac, also consider the acoustic portrait thiyaga dac. its about 88k and you will have warranty and full service if anything goes wrong. users compare its sq in the range of 1.5-2.0 lakh in a branded unit

for that level of dac, also consider the acoustic portrait thiyaga dac. its about 88k and you will have warranty and full service if anything goes wrong. users compare its sq in the range of 1.5-2.0 lakh in a branded unit
afj, have you heard both of these, the Thiyaga and the Hex? Would appreciate a comparison if you have.
Thanks

i havent heard the hex, but have heard the thiyaga and the lampizator dsd. havent done a side by side comparison, but have heard it on the same setup. i dont claim to have the most discerning of ears, but i do hear variations to quiet an extent. and unless sound differences were pointed out to me, i wouldnt be able to tell the difference between the two. and again differences doesnt mean better or worse. its more on a linear level

I would also recommend the Chord 2Qute due to it's detail retrieval capabilities and the USB galvanic isolation if you are using your PC/Laptop. You would not need to add any separate USB regenerators or USB power products because it's power supply is quite good and the galvanic isolation does away with the USB interference...It will cost around 1 lakh if you are looking at that price point....

No harm in reading the reviews...

If you plan to use a laptop/PC, then consider Chord 2Qute rather than the Hugo...The USB galvanic isolation makes it a better product if using a laptop/PC as a source and it is considerably cheaper than the Hugo as well as the Metrum Hex...

Try and hear a Metrum DAC or any Chord DAC and you might get some idea.... Where is the OP based in India?

If you plan to use a laptop/PC, then consider Chord 2Qute rather than the Hugo...The USB galvanic isolation makes it a better product if using a laptop/PC as a source and it is considerably cheaper than the Hugo as well as the Metrum Hex...

Try and hear a Metrum DAC or any Chord DAC and you might get some idea.... Where is the OP based in India?

Panditji , Have you had a chance to listen metrum and Chord on the same setup , If yes , Can you elaborate on signature of these

Have not been able to hear any of the Metrum DACs.. Have been reading about them since long but never got an opportunity to hear them.. Would be great if anyone can guide me to a Metrum owner in the Delhi/NCR area...

I do have extensive experience with the Chord 2Qute and therefore I recommend it on this forum since I heard a considerable amount of difference in SQ over my previous DAC (Meridian Director). Also had the chance to listen to M2Tech Yound DSD, Benchmark DAC2, NAD M51 in the same setup, though not a direct comparison with the 2Qute, and liked the 2Qute the best..

I also compared the Chord 2Qute with an Exasound E22 (50 hours burn in) in a very high end setup and could not make out much of a difference. The Exasound owner did say that the sound has improved a lot in his system since but then the Exasound E22 is almost double the price of the 2Qute....

As I have limited money, I buy products which give me 95% performance at half the price of the next best one and recommend products using the same philosophy...

Have not been able to hear any of the Metrum DACs.. Have been reading about them since long but never got an opportunity to hear them.. Would be great if anyone can guide me to a Metrum owner in the Delhi/NCR area...

I do have extensive experience with the Chord 2Qute and therefore I recommend it on this forum since I heard a considerable amount of difference in SQ over my previous DAC (Meridian Director). Also had the chance to listen to M2Tech Yound DSD, Benchmark DAC2, NAD M51 in the same setup, though not a direct comparison with the 2Qute, and liked the 2Qute the best..

I also compared the Chord 2Qute with an Exasound E22 (50 hours burn in) in a very high end setup and could not make out much of a difference. The Exasound owner did say that the sound has improved a lot in his system since but then the Exasound E22 is almost double the price of the 2Qute....

As I have limited money, I buy products which give me 95% performance at half the price of the next best one and recommend products using the same philosophy...

I listened to NAD M51 in my system . How would you compare Chord 2Qute with the NAD

I liked the 2Qute better due to superior detail retrieval ... Again not a big difference between the two but just a little better... The owner of the M51 in Delhi sold it and now has the 2 Qute and I assume he is satisfied since he has not bought any new DAC...

For me, the core job of a DAC is to extract details... the flavours should be added by the speakers and amplifiers and not the DAC...

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back