MFD Monochrome Laser Printer opinion

petes

Guys - After reviewing many sites, I am planning to buy the following Mono MFD (Print, Scan & Copy function) Laser Printer.

Samsung SCX-3201

"One-touch printing with do-it-all versatility?"Right here. - SCX-3201 - Mono Laser MFP - Laser Printer/Multifunction | SAMSUNG

I would be using this printer only for home with an average of 20 to 30 copies per month... I am currently using Canon Inkjet Printer and believe the cost of printing is more compared to Laser Printer..

Need your suggestion or any other Model that serve my purpose...Thanks

I have a Samsung SCX-4100 MFP for a few years now and I
am quite satisfied. I also print a max of 10 to 20 pages a month,
and probably scan about 5 to 10 pages. So far, I just needed
to get the toner refilled once, and it wasn't too expensive.
Good thing is that it works well under Linux for both
scanning and printing, which is very important for me.

couple of months back i purchaxed the samsung ML1866 XP laser printer for 5900from flipkart.com and it is performing great. It is wifi n and keeping it at the farthest corner also gives me good reception and no connection drop. Print very well and very less warm up time.however it does not do auto duplex but at the price bucket i am very satisfied.

one con, when printing multiple pages, the printed pages sometime have a tendency of tumbling over on the feeder tray, not a problem if someone is sitting close to it to remove the printed papers regularly

Guys - After reviewing many sites, I am planning to buy the following Mono MFD (Print, Scan & Copy function) Laser Printer.

...I would be using this printer only for home with an average of 20 to 30 copies per month... I am currently using Canon Inkjet Printer and believe the cost of printing is more compared to Laser Printer..

Hi Pete,

Since you print only a few copies per month, the difference in cost of printing between your existing printer and the new one is negligible. The cost of the new printer can be better utilised elsewhere e.g. on buying music or movies depending upo your tastes and musical preferences. That is, unless you really need the scan and copy functions and don't have them on your existing printer.

Give it a thought.

Regards.

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back