MG Hector Sharp Petrol DCT Or Hyundai 1.4 SX(O) DCT

Status
Not open for further replies.
i own a hector petrol dct since an year and am happy with it (exceptions - mileage and torque). I am learning how to adapt to the slow and steady linear driving. Currently average around around 8.5kmpl and hope to get around 11 over the next month.
fast acceleration is out of question with this underpowered car.
However on a straight highway road have people who easily touch 145kmph
drive feel is good.

i own a hector petrol dct since an year and am happy with it (exceptions - mileage and torque). I am learning how to adapt to the slow and steady linear driving. Currently average around around 8.5kmpl and hope to get around 11 over the next month.
drive feel is good.
Oh yes I have seen recently on the highway its overtaking my City and I was cruising around 125km ;)

drive feel is good.
Hey @realactivex

Thanks for the first hand experience. Much appreciated. This will surely help me to decide.

Modern Tata and Mahindra have come a long way in build and engineering quality. You ought to go check them out.

MaSh
I can't agree more on this. I do see Tata and Mahindra are in forefront when coming to safety than Koreans.

Tata engines might not be the most refined one, but they are the safest vehicles available right now in india. Tata harrier could be your best bet right now

Hi Vivek, I know you have received lot of inputs from our FMs, below are my two cents.

Please test drive new Tata Safari (before making your decision) as it uses LR platform and Fiat engine (same in Jeep as well) which are tried and tested. Tatas safety is good, Plus the interiors are better in the new safari. As everyone agrees, Tata vehicle provides the best cabin space and it will be a better VFM vehicle.

Regards, Rajeev

Hi Vivek. If you can wait for 2 months then you can also consider Skoda Kushaq. The car looks impressive with whatever data is available so far.

Hi Vivek. If you can wait for 2 months then you can also consider Skoda Kushaq. The car looks impressive with whatever data is available so far.
I have been in this waiting game from so long ;) . All the time the wait ends in disappointment of some sort. From the current specualations this looks promising though.

Team BHP review of Tata Safari 2021

Briefly

Tata Safari Pros:​

• The iconic brand “Safari” is back! We agree with using the legendary nameplate for this car
• Stunning looks & strong road presence. Solid build too
• Classy, spacious cabin with comfortable seats & a chilling air-con
• Extra 3rd row of seats brings lots more practicality & utility
• Superb captain chairs available as an option for the middle row (top variant only)
• Extras over the Harrier include rear disc brakes, TPMS, e-parking brake, auto-hold, boss mode…
• Fantastic 9-speaker audio system. Sound quality & bass are enjoyable
• 168 BHP 2.0L diesel offers good driveability and a punchy mid-range
Smooth & competent 6-speed automatic transmission
• Sufficient ground clearance + terrain response system for rough and wet roads
• Topnotch safety kit includes 6 airbags, ESP, rest break reminder, hill hold, brake disc wiping & more
• Features such as the panoramic sunroof, Eco & Sport modes, auto headlamps & wipers, cruise control…

Tata Safari Cons:​

• Heavy steering gets cumbersome at parking / u-turn / crawling speeds (<5 km/h)
• 3rd row access is too difficult in the captain seat variant
• Negligible boot space with all the seats up - a paltry 73 liters
• Safari AT’s focus is on smoothness & comfort; gearbox is not the most responsive
• Concerns over niggles & long-term reliability. Our test car had a problem too!
• Service visit every 6 months / 7,500 km (12-months is the norm today)
• Diesel engine does get loud above 3,500 rpm & its engine note is quite sad too
• No petrol option (almost all competitors offer it). No AWD for enthusiasts either
• Although improved, the Safari's steering @ 120 km/h is still a level too sensitive
• Tata's after-sales service quality is a hit or miss. Remains a gamble
• By 2021 standards, we’d expect wireless charging + front / 360 camera + ventilated seats
• We don’t agree with the excessive chrome (outside), impractical white interiors & 18” rims (bit firmer ride)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys

Thanks everyone who contributed here and help me to decide on. I decided in favor of Hyundai Creta SX Optional 1.4 DCT,booked Yesterday :)
Delivery in 4 months. Let's see
Congratulations. What were the top 4 reasons to choose creta?

MaSh

Congratulations on the booking
Thanks.

MaSh
As below compared to Hector

MaSh
Well after talking to some Hector owners face to face, I completely dropped the idea of buying that car. Everyone has some kind of issues and moreover it's a big guzzler.

The only other option was Seltos. Engine being the same, I preferred the following features in Creta.

1. Paddle Shifters
2. Electronic parking brake
3. Panoramic Sun roof (Me and my son badly wanted this)
4. Remote Engine Start
5. Semi digital instrument cluster.

Well after talking to some Hector owners face to face, I completely dropped the idea of buying that car. Everyone has some kind of issues and moreover it's a big guzzler.

The only other option was Seltos. Engine being the same, I preferred the following features in Creta.

1. Paddle Shifters
4. Remote Engine Start
5. Semi digital instrument cluste.

Congratulations Vivek, good choice.

1. Paddle Shifters
4. Remote Engine Start
5. Semi digital instrument cluster.
Yes great decision to avoid MG.

That's correct Seltos and Creta are the same under the skin. Same goes for Sonet and Venue.

MaSh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back