MHDT lab's DACS

sunder

Hi friends, have anyone tried Taiwanese MHDT lab's Havana or Paradisea+

DACS? It is said that Havana is opamp less model for audiophiles.

Paradisea+ is middle model with classic philips vintage chips and tube buffer

stage. Reviews are super! But it wont accept HDCD. I have never seen about

the brand & product in our forum...why

Regards.

Sundar it is rated very highly by those who own or have heard it. the Only -ve I have heard of them is that their customer service is not very responsive. but it is a Solid Product.

Sunder, I've been using Havana for almost a year now. You can find my impressions here and here The only change I made so far is to replace the stock tube with a cryo treated NOS Bendix 6385. Since my system is PC based now, I needed a dac that was as good as or better than a standalone cdp - Havana serves me well in that dept. This dac is popular across the forums but has not been reviewed by the bigwigs. May be once that happens, you will find more people talking about it. Unfortunately, that might cause a possible increase in cost for sure as this dac can compete with many costing double its price imo.

PS: I'm not interested in getting into a debate on the merits of NOS dacs against up-sampling/oversampling dacs; just like tubes vs. SS. Trust your ears and make the choice.

Sundar it is rated very highly by those who own or have heard it. the Only -ve I have heard of them is that their customer service is not very responsive. but it is a Solid Product.

Arj, actually I find their customer service to be excellent! Admittedly their English is not that good but the promptness in service and after sales followups are really commendable.

Sunder, I've been using Havana for almost a year now. You can find my impressions here and here The only change I made so far is to replace the stock tube with a cryo treated NOS Bendix 6385. Since my system is PC based now, I needed a dac that was as good as or better than a standalone cdp - Havana serves me well in that dept. This dac is popular across the forums but has not been reviewed by the bigwigs. May be once that happens, you will find more people talking about it. Unfortunately, that might cause a possible increase in cost for sure as this dac can compete with many costing double its price imo.

PS: I'm not interested in getting into a debate on the merits of NOS dacs against up-sampling/oversampling dacs; just like tubes vs. SS. Trust your ears and make the choice.

Unleash_me, arj thanks for your reply, did you get Bendix 6385 wherefrom?

is it available as new? really that sounds better than stock tube?. I have an

idea to get paradisea+ (3?). What's your opinion on that?

will I get the high end SQ with Havana OR Paradisea 3 than my existing DAC:

MF's V-DAC connected to vintage Rotel RCD965BX? one more idea i have

that just to add an audio buffer (Burson Buffer) after the dac to minimise the

impedance and improve the sound SQ.

Regards.

Hi arj, any cdp without opamp ever produced & is that available now?

and how the SQ will be? more organic or more analog?

Regards.

one more idea i have

Regards.

that would be a compromise..better way would be to upgrade the DAC. i do hav an old MF X10D with X PSU lying around. worked very well to connect an Ipod to the stereo as well as the old NAD..but in the end you are not really getting a great improvement in the cdp...although it is a good compromise

Hi,

I have the Paradisea (bought in 2007) fed by Marantz CD6002 or by Oppo 980H. Easy on the ear for lengthy listening sessions...

Cheers,
PbR

Hi friends, have anyone tried Taiwanese MHDT lab's Havana or Paradisea+

DACS? It is said that Havana is opamp less model for audiophiles.

Paradisea+ is middle model with classic philips vintage chips and tube buffer

stage. Reviews are super! But it wont accept HDCD. I have never seen about

the brand & product in our forum...why

Regards.

Hi,

I have the Paradisea (bought in 2007) fed by Marantz CD6002 or by Oppo 980H. Easy on the ear for lengthy listening sessions...

Cheers,
PbR

HI PbR, have you replaced the tube?, Have you heard with Havana?

Did you feel any difference? Havana or Paradisea 3? which one do you

recommend?

Regards.

did you get Bendix 6385 wherefrom?
Got on trade from a friend.

is it available as new?
Yes. But remember, it's a NOS tube.

really that sounds better than stock tube?
Yes.

I have an idea to get paradisea+ (3?). What's your opinion on that?
No idea. But going by my experience with Havana, the Paradesea couldn't be far behind. You should be able to find lots of reviews on that too.

will I get the high end SQ with Havana OR Paradisea 3 than my existing DAC:
MF's V-DAC connected to vintage Rotel RCD965BX? one more idea i have

Sorry. I'm not familiar with your setup.

Response added above.

Yes, changed the tube as soon as I got the DAC - from stock tube to WE396A. Did not do much comparison between them. Just enjoying the music!

My only wish was I could have waited and got the Paradisea+ with USB.

Havana - have not heard.

Cheers,
PbR

HI PbR, have you replaced the tube?, Have you heard with Havana?

Did you feel any difference? Havana or Paradisea 3? which one do you

recommend?

Regards.

I also had the Paradisea+ for a bit more than 2 years - the purchase via Ebay was no problem at all and the DAC arrived in less than 2 weeks if I remember correct.
The sound was very very good - I compared some CD players before but was never able to really hear big differences - the Paradisea+ made a noticable difference - the sound was less artificial in my ears, more like a good analogue player !

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back