Michael Fremer : Quincy Jones vs. The Estate of Michael Jackson Trial

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did. Great audio moment.

And I just read Quincy finally won this lawsuit and the pecuniary damages claimed which run into a few million dollars. He's now made statements about how Michael Jackson stole a lot of the tunes Michael made including thriller" and a few more. True or not I can't say.
I am reminded of his friend Clarence Avance in the movie "Rodriguez" who didn't come off in great light when it came to royalties from the Singers work..But my connection is biased already and I am shooting from the hip Being a Michael Jackson fan. Also Quicy Jones wasn't fighting Michael Jackson But posthumously his estate and what he claims was due to him. Which he could be doing rightly. Michael Jackson's last years and his estate were left in mismanagemet, Yes..
Michael Fremer gloating about being a witness is a bit much for me. Even though he played a hifi music system in the courtroom. In India Prsosecution witnesses (not expert witness that he was) get what's called Diet money for their travel expenses and spending a day (approximately 500 to 2000 rs)for appearing in the court and making a deposition. He however has seemed to have a sweet ride on the defence Lawyers budget. And a fact He doesn't shy away from. He almost feels he's part of history or something. I loved the way he narrated the story and I enjoyed it too but what is he so happy about, i can't figure out.

I am sorry for going on but at best it's a great story to narrate to your friends in your living room and boy is it a fantastic story. But to pull out a camera and telecast it especially if you have a following.. I don't know..

He however has seemed to have a sweet ride on the defence Lawyers budget. And a fact He doesn't shy away from.

LOL. What does that have to do with anything ?

Let me explain.

My system is far from making MJ or Holly Cole or anyone appear palpably real, however I have no doubt whatsoever that should it be, I would still have wife and family scoff at me, if I tried to explain that there was someone there between my speakers.

To be able to convince a bunch of hard boiled lawyers and a jury (who probably don't care all that much for music to be able to enjoy it regardless of what it was playing on*) that imaging and such like detail are real and important to be the soul of a creation is very remarkable. And in a few minutes at that. Hell it took me a very long while to figure out that DACs or the room matter, and I was searching and seeking

And to be that convincing that there is a real word payout and a win in court for such "trivial inconsequential meaningless" things is definitely not your everyday occurrence in any part of the world.

I think that was a very interesting and unique thing. And I also think that Fremer is more kicked about the usual days of work of talking about what he really likes would lead to a nice payout&. It was more for kicks and being part of something "cool" than to gloat it about it.

Not that my opinion (should) matters to anyone

ciao
gr

* you see what I did there :p
&https://www.mylife.com/michael-fremer/e300822197220 - so it must have been a tidy sum

Last edited:
LOL. What does that have to do with anything ?

Let me explain.

My system is far from making MJ or Holly Cole or anyone appear palpably real, however I have no doubt whatsoever that should it be, I would still have wife and family scoff at me, if I tried to explain that there was someone there between my speakers.

To be able to convince a bunch of hard boiled lawyers and a jury (who probably don't care all that much for music to be able to enjoy it regardless of what it was playing on*) that imaging and such like detail are real and important to be the soul of a creation is very remarkable. And in a few minutes at that. Hell it took me a very long while to figure out that DACs or the room matter, and I was searching and seeking

And to be that convincing that there is a real word payout and a win in court for such "trivial inconsequential meaningless" things is definitely not your everyday occurrence in any part of the world.

I think that was a very interesting and unique thing. And I also think that Fremer is more kicked about the usual days of work of talking about what he really likes would lead to a nice payout&. It was more for kicks and being part of something "cool" than to gloat it about it.

Not that my opinion (should) matters to anyone

ciao
gr

* you see what I did there :p
&https://www.mylife.com/michael-fremer/e300822197220 - so it must have been a tidy sum
Hi Sound cycle
My little critique might have been slightly misplaced in my earlier post. I get what you are saying.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back