Micro HiFi System

pannags

Hello,

I've been looking for a secondary audio system, primarily to improve the sound quality of the TV and for listening to music from CDs and MP3s (50:50).

After looking up budget stereo receivers and soundbars, I have landed my focus on mini/micro HiFi systems.

Anyone heard of the Denon D-M40DAB? Looks like a very acclaimed product, but only available online.

Any recommendations for other brands/models in the same category?

PS: I do not see any category for Mini/Micro systems in the forum!!

Perhaps active multimedia speakers such as the Swans M200Mkii is the way to go?
To connect to a TV they are great and the volume can be controlled with the TV remote as well.

Marantz M-CR models has got great reviews. You can buy the CD Receiver unit and pair it with nice bookshelf of you choice.

Hello,

I've been looking for a secondary audio system, primarily to improve the sound quality of the TV and for listening to music from CDs and MP3s (50:50).

After looking up budget stereo receivers and soundbars, I have landed my focus on mini/micro HiFi systems.

Anyone heard of the Denon D-M40DAB? Looks like a very acclaimed product, but only available online.

Any recommendations for other brands/models in the same category?

PS: I do not see any category for Mini/Micro systems in the forum!!

Such systems were the only option a couple of years ago, however, now you have better options to listen to your Music.

The options range from:
1. A PC/Mobile/iPod connected to a DAC to an amp to any speakers. An AVR would make you future proof.
2. Any old CD/DVD player with a USB port connected to an Amp connected to any speakers.
3. Any 2.1 speaker set from Samsung(HW-H20), Panasonic(HT20), etc which have Aux and USB inputs will also do the job. CD may not work with Panasonic as it has only 1 Aux input along with a USB. Samsung has 2 Aux IN and one USB. Cheapest option I suppose.
4. If you are open to buy to online, check this one out. This tiny DAC can take input via Aux or Bluetooth and also power a decent set of 'efficient' speakers. Amazon.com: Nobsound Hifi Mini Bluetooth Music Audio Stereo Receiver and Stereo Power Amplifier (Black): Electronics

Plenty of options available, at varying price points, audio uality and future proofing. Only if you are interested. If not, then I would suggest Onkyo's CS series minihifi systems over others. Reason being, you could audition them at Pro Fx or similar outlets, other brands I doubt will be available off the shelf.

MaSh

1) Rip CDs to flac on your lap/desk
2) Buy a decent bluetooth speaker set (one that supports cd bitrate input over BT, plus has analog input)
3) Stream flacs & mp3s from mobile for music listening. Switch to analog input for TV viewing.
4) Sip your drink in peace.

Even i am seriously considering the denon m40dab reciever which has tons of connections and sound wonderful. Pairing it with a q acoustics 3020i should be great

primarily to improve the sound quality of the TV

This one point alone has its own set of challenges. What aspect of tv sound are you trying to improve? dth, movie played by tv's internal usb interface, blu ray disc playback?

Whatever it is you buy, please make sure it has some form of a HDMI connection. Preferably a IN and an OUT as bare minimum. It may be required that you invest in a home theater in a box solution but use only the front speakers and sub woofer so as to avoid clutter.

The micro hi fi you wish to purchase may have a legacy digital input such as coaxial or optical. The challenge is getting your tv to output a signal from its outputs. Signals that run to the TV's hdmi sources don't usually output via legacy digital outputs so be careful.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back