Microphone Preamplifier

Yes, I thought you'd be using a domestic camcorder --- but more and more people seem to be using anything from an expensive DSLR to a modest Point-and-Shoot these days, now that they are coming with HD video but I just checked our recent P&S and my older superzoom, and neither have any mic input.

Best wishes for the project. Do update the thread!

Omishra, the link was very good I had lost all tension. But their page is not wrking correctly i think. I cannot open the page for the preamp model you suggested.
Yes the link is not working but kits are easily available. Here in Pune I saw on weekend, mostly all are available. There are many distributors for the same all over India. you are search online here., I found something related here.

BTW, I am not related to this company. :)

Yes, I was talking about your mic if it has condenser mic inside.

Last edited:
Yes, I thought you'd be using a domestic camcorder --- but more and more people seem to be using anything from an expensive DSLR to a modest Point-and-Shoot these days, now that they are coming with HD video but I just checked our recent P&S and my older superzoom, and neither have any mic input.

Best wishes for the project. Do update the thread!

Exactly! And we have to cope with the fact that P&S don't have MIC IN. After all they are just for snapping pics. And thank you very much for your wishes.

Yes the link is not working but kits are easily available. Here in Pune I saw on weekend, mostly all are available. There are many distributors for the same all over India. you are search online here., I found something related here.

BTW, I am not related to this company. :)

Yes, I was talking about your mic if it has condenser mic inside.

Now the confusion arises whether a preamp for Typical condenser will work for an Electret Mic or not.

Hey! omishra, I forgot to tell you that I live in Pune. I had entered the my place as Nagpur when I had registered some days back. OK, now can you tell me where can i get the kits? Shops in fatima nagar, mg road, wanawadi or camp will be great.

Last edited:
Re: Microphone Preamplifier "Urgent HELP required!!"

Guys i need some help.
i have a condenser microphone. i have lost its wires and amp.
i am sure it needs phantom power but i don't know how to supply it. i am not sure the box i lost was an amp or something else.
This setup belonged to my uncle and he gave it to us as a gift.

it says Sound Technology, ST microphone on front and Model Number is: STMC-1100.

here is a link to photos

can someone help me in checking if it still works?
or the cheapest way to run it.
i want to give it to my sister who wants to be a singer as it may help her:)

Attachments

• IMG_20140405_192942.jpg
    IMG_20140405_192942.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20140405_193016.jpg
    IMG_20140405_193016.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20140405_193029.jpg
    IMG_20140405_193029.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20140405_193053.jpg
    IMG_20140405_193053.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 21
I'll have a not-very-well-informed try.

Is that a standard XLR male on the end? Have a look at some XLR-female connectors, or at least pics of same, and see if you think they might mate. If so, then you need a microphone cable, that will have an XLR to fit that, and maybe another on the other end, or maybe a jack plug (like a headphone plug) on the other. It will depend on what you have to connect it to.

Small mixers will be able to supply phantom power to mics. So will many computer audio interfaces, but whether it is built into a mixer, an ausio interface, or stand-alone, you need a microphone pre-amp, and you should check that it will provide phantom power.

In what way do you think it might be of use to your sister? Does she want to record her music at home? She would not need her own mic at a venue or in a studio. I suggest that you find out if she could use it, and if so, how, before spending any money on this.

Re: Microphone Preamplifier "Urgent HELP required!!"

Guys i need some help.
i have a condenser microphone. i have lost its wires and amp.
i am sure it needs phantom power but i don't know how to supply it. i am not sure the box i lost was an amp or something else.
This setup belonged to my uncle and he gave it to us as a gift.

it says Sound Technology, ST microphone on front and Model Number is: STMC-1100.

here is a link to photos

can someone help me in checking if it still works?
or the cheapest way to run it.
i want to give it to my sister who wants to be a singer as it may help her:)

That would need 'Phantom power' supplied to it to function. Something like this should do it...

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back