Mid Range AV + Speakers: 80K Budget. Onkyo/Denon/Yamaha 7.1

if you have a preference for music then you have got to get Marantz...........look at SR5005, SR5006 to suit your budget. After Marantz I would go with Denon. I would prefer Onkyo if your main interest would lie with movies.

Hi there, even I wanted to audition 5005, but nobody seems to stock it.. I m old service is an issue!?? Any idea on that and/ or where can I audition in Mumbai..

Denon 2113 has 4k up scaling and 7.1 channel..you can use surround back for bi-ambling if required. Polk rti can be auditioned in profx mumbai.

I went to ProFx yesterday, he mentioned they don't deal with rti series.. The shop guy mentioned today and he said rti series is discontinued. I tried tsi series, but they don't really suit my preference.. I rather liked wharfedale, paradigm nd klepsch.. Wharfedale 10.7 were really good but costly option, requested the person to call me if they get 10.6 over next few days- 15k difference.. Even 9.1 bookshelf were nice.. Didn't note models for paradigm nd klepsch bcoz they were in same price range as wharfedale .. Cheers

Hello Rajadeep,

What is the update at your end? I liked Denon wharfedale combination.. Diamond series is impressive, need to see if I can make some space for floor standing speakers.. Nd of course needs a stretched budget ..

1. Need to audition Yamaha, onkyo nd marantz.. Denon is good, but will like to check these out before taking a final call on Av..
2. Need a lil research on 1713 to confirm up scaling feature at least ..
3. Check out sonodyne..
4. Check out wharfedale 10.6

Let me know how's your thought process building.. Shall post rates quoted tomorrow morning, seem on the higher side to me...

Denon 1612-27k, 1713-33k, 2113-45k
Wharfedale BS 9.1-14.8k, FS 9.5-36k, 9CS-13k.. Not all models of 9 series are available now..
Wharfedale 10.5- 41.5k, 10.7-59.5k, 10 cs- 14.8k, 10DES-14k

That's a mere 5% on av and 7% on speakers.. Think that's less.. Some members say one can easily get 15%????

Any suggestions if there is a drastic difference between 10.6 and 10.7??? Price difference of 15k in which I. An actually get a 10cs!!!

Planning to settle with 2 front speakers and 1 center speaker for now.. Sub nd surround can be added later..

Thanks

Why not yamaha or marantz avr's?

Yamaha 671 /810
Marantz 5006/6006

Try Kef q300 BS speakersin profx, wonderful speakers!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Nothing against them buddy, just that I am not able to audition them anywhere.. If I am able to get a 5.1 in Yamaha with HD upscaling, I will rather go for it... For Denon, I am not able to settle for 1713 and need to go for 1913 or 2213 if I need HD upscaling- which I think should be a significant feature to consider.. For Marantz, like I mentioned yesterday, cannot find any dealer who stocks it. Dealers quote service issue with Marantz.. ?? Any ideas?

Nothing against them buddy, just that I am not able to audition them anywhere.. If I am able to get a 5.1 in Yamaha with HD upscaling, I will rather go for it... For Denon, I am not able to settle for 1713 and need to go for 1913 or 2213 if I need HD upscaling- which I think should be a significant feature to consider.. For Marantz, like I mentioned yesterday, cannot find any dealer who stocks it. Dealers quote service issue with Marantz.. ?? Any ideas?

if u r n mumbai try sound-out at heera panna (grey) they normally stock marantz i think profx at atria mall has kef q300 dont stop your hunt until you listen to these

Last edited:
I have heard matantz in music raunch, jayanagar,Bangalore! I bought preowned Yamaha 667 as it was in my budget! One of fm utkarsh was selling his marantz 5005! I recently had demo of kef q300, really wonderful performance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Friends, any suggestions on 1. Is polk rti series still available? Where can i audition it? 2. Can I settle for diamond 9.5? Or is there a significant difference between 9.5/10.5 and 10.6? The price difference between 10.5 and 10.6 is only 4k,but price difference between 9.5 and 10.6 is 10 k!! Still trying to audition pending items, will be delayed becauseof travel plans coming weekend. Thanks

Also, can forum members in Delhi and Bangalore suggest if prices in respective cities are better than what is quoted in Mumbai? Refer price points in an earlier post on same thread. Read on another thread that there is a price difference, but could not be sure. I frequently travel to Bangalore/ Delhi, can pick from there as well.. looking for products with B&W and compatible power only.. cheers

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back