mid range driver required

TC9FD-18-08, will be back in stock in a day or two.

Thanks,
Bibin

thanks will keep in check with diyaudiocart...

What about M13NH (paper cone) since you deal with them,is the new lot (19.4.14 onwards) as mentioned by Mr. aminder (audiocraft) far better then the earlier one with no dips in the region 1.5khz/2khz range.

r/s

though the freq response curves of the TCF9 are great the dayton RS 100 have very good measusred values and much lower distortion figures

personally i like them more

Hi magma
I am mainly concerned with the upper mid freq.,hence frequency wise tymphany Tc9f (8ohm) is better suited,but driver ohms matching wise dayton Rs-100 (4ohm) will be great and even easier to do the Xover,here's why?

Midrange will be placed in MTM Format and in a box in box for mains and center.

Low mid's will be kevler M13Ki-4ohms-4nos in each box so parellel/series it will come to 8 ohms net.
Hence:
Dayton RS- 100- 4ohms (MTM)- series -net impedence - 8ohms
Tymphany TC9F-8ohms-parallel net impedence - 4 ohms

Though impedence correction can be done in xover,it is always advice to buy drivers with same impedence.

FREQUENCY OR IMPEDENCE which comes first.

R/s

Go for it. In a MTM config they move some serious air. What about the cabinet design ?

hi sunilj

For mtm i will be using either Tymphany TC9F or peerlessM13NH awaiting reply from hifi members regarding its performance for the new lot Manufactured after 19.4.14, and tweeter will be TL26SG

M16ki will be used as a low mids.

cabinet design will be done as per clearwave but box calculations as per my drivers.

link for cabinet design,check in specifications for center and mains.

Dynamic Series - Clearwave Loudspeaker Design

r/s

I like those dynaudio MD142's, these will nicely fit into an MTM. The Woofers are 4 ohm, mid is 8 ohm and tweeters (md100) are 4 ohm. . Its easy to put 2 tweeters on either side of the mid and 1 woofer above and 1 below. The dynaudio woofers are also open baffle capable.

Anyway, I have a few of those md142's I can sell, but I am in the US. If you want to have me check the shipping cost etc, I'll look into it, anyway I'd like $100 for a pair and these are in good condition and 100% functional but they are used.

Thanks.
srinath.

I like those dynaudio MD142's, these will nicely fit into an MTM. The Woofers are 4 ohm, mid is 8 ohm and tweeters (md100) are 4 ohm. . Its easy to put 2 tweeters on either side of the mid and 1 woofer above and 1 below. The dynaudio woofers are also open baffle capable.

Anyway, I have a few of those md142's I can sell, but I am in the US. If you want to have me check the shipping cost etc, I'll look into it, anyway I'd like $100 for a pair and these are in good condition and 100% functional but they are used.

Thanks.
srinath.

hi srinath

i have decided to go with the Tymphany Tc9fd since lots of good reviews about it from all.

i thank all the hifi members for helping me to select the best midrange that goes well with my project.

Its good that you have put up your sale, any one interested in hifi will contact you.

thanks
r.s

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back