Might be of interest-high end USB audio card

This guy sells these. No thanks. File along with audioquest.

Anyone interested in founding a new organisation? We could call it SCIFI....

Sanity in Computer hIFI.

I know. There will be be very few founder members. There's not much money in it --- either to be made or spent. Sad.

Thanks George,
Does look interesting, but I wonder if the benefit if any will be negated once an external usb/spdif converter is used as I am using. And I see that he is also offering an external usb/spdif converter.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
There is no benefit in connecting a USB 1.0 or 2.0 device to a USB 3.0 host.

USB 3.0 (if nothing leapfrogs it) will probably knock Firewire out, but, as yet, there is nothing to plug into it that won't work just as well in a USB 2.0 port.

That is for the future (at least I hope it is)... until those devices are available, there is no point in buying expensive 3.0 adapters.

There doesn't seem to be any rush, in either the domestic or pro market (but see, and probably watch, RME) to produce 3.0 audio devices. This may be because they see no benefit in doing so, and there may, in fact, for 2ch audio be no benefit. But soon all the PCs will be coming with blue USB ports, and then people will be wondering why their PC is 3.0, but their DAC is "only" 2.0, so it will become a marketing issue.

EDIT: I've been telling myself, "surely someone must have made a USB 3.0 DAC." Haven't found one. Anybody?

Last edited:

The SATA cable is the most important piece in the optimisation of a computer audio transport (CAT).

:D

40cm $299USD
60cm $399USD
80cm $499USD
Including free shipping world wide

It comes with free shipping too! How can you knock such a deal Thad! This guy is practically giving it away :lol:

Anyone interested in founding a new organisation? We could call it SCIFI....

Sanity in Computer hIFI.

I know. There will be be very few founder members. There's not much money in it --- either to be made or spent. Sad.
I have a better idea Thad. Let's first setup a company that makes "high-end" USB and SATA Cables. Once we've earned enough to drink daiquiris in the Bahamas forever, we'll repent and start a lecture series on "Sanity in Computer HiFI" and charge USD499/workshop :eek:hyeah:

I guess that a lot of people think I'm completely unreasonable on these subjects, but it's like this...

You are sitting at your desk, with a pile of CVs in front of you. You pick up one that looks good, but then you notice several blatant lies. How long before it hits the reject pile?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back