Migration from TS HD+ to Videocon DTH

Just moved from TS HD to Videocon DTH. I had 2 connections for TS and the Mutiroom cost was coming around Rs 325 per month for me. I dropped the multiroom connection today and went for Videocon DTH as they offer more no of HD channels in the same cost. Will review for a few days lets see how it goes.

what are your comments on the diff between TS & D2H?

I am planning for dish and would like to know if D2H is better than TS

Thanks

^ looking for ways to sell my existing Stb, not to buy one more lol...

If i sell my stb on olx or quickr, can the account be transferred to the buyer?

^ looking for ways to sell my existing Stb, not to buy one more lol...

If i sell my stb on olx or quickr, can the account be transferred to the buyer?

As far as I know, TS will NOT provide service unless you can convince them that you have shifted to the new address. I had given my earlier STB to a friend but as the Digi Card / STB number was registered to me, they refused to provide a connection.

Have made a startling discovery - the cost for me to shift over to D2H is close to 23K ! ( 16.5k for the 2 STB alone)Having third thoughts now - is it worth paying that much for about 4 extra channels that my family MAY watch. I was earlier told my total cost for both connection would be within 12K :sad:

Last edited:
^ my sentiments exactly... I thought i'd switch to videocon d2h to save a few bucks on channels (ts has all the channels i need btw) and thats when i saw the videocon dvr costs 8k odd... I figured unless i sell off the existing stb for a good price, the switch wont be an economical choice.. Even if i spend 1500 more every year towards channel packages to Tata Sky, it will take 5 years+ to equal the amount id be spending to switch to videocon d2h now!

D2H mentions in its website that they have a dedicated 3D channel and the STB for HD & HD DVR mentions 3D on its box.

Have anyone tried the 3D option from D2H?

How is the picture?

If it is good then D2H is a better option for people having 3D TV's.

The 3D channel uses SBS videos. There are only a couple of videos that are repeated time by time. 3D effect is good, but the NatGeo logo and D2H logo are not duplicated in the SBS resulting in eye fatigue quickly. It is useful for demo.

After a lot of hesitation, I have taken the plunge -after all, we only live once -D2H is due to be activated today. I just hope I do not rue my decision to change providers.
Interestingly the dealer who brought the DVRs offered to buy my TS HD box -( I had booked online) will let you know if he comes through with the offer. Incidently I am now sitting on 4 TS STBs
:(

Had a visit from the D2H quality team this morning- from what I understand, several of the complaints, regarding the recording of programes and UI that I raised, were already on their radar and a new software update - expected in April -would solve most of the issues. The remote Keys( small play/pause button-locations) would of course take a LOT more time!
Having a hard time quelling the rebellion in my home regarding D2H, and may have to reactivate at least one TS connection :sad:
For those who like to record multiple series etc I would recommend you wait till April /May before you make a switch to D2H.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back