Minidsp-Compatible calibration mics

scipath

I am planning to buy minidsp 2x4 hd from the official website or amazon, for bass management and room eq purposes. For room eq, i need a calibration mic. The umik 1 would be expensive, with the customs and everything, so I am looking up alternatives. I found the following
Seems to be very inexpensive. Would it work with minidsp? Do i need something else to make it work that is going to add to the expense? Are there any other good (and cheap) calibration mics out there? Suggestions are welcome.
Thanks.

Last edited:
I thought the UMIK is the cheapest option. Any USB mic with a known callibration file is fine. Read the REW support site in AVNirvana if you have doubts.

I thought the UMIK is the cheapest option. Any USB mic with a known callibration file is fine. Read the REW support site in AVNirvana if you have doubts.
It is cheap if you just convert the currency. It costs 75 dollars which is like Rs 5000. On Amazon it is on sale for almost Rs 20000, which is daylight robbery. I saw some other calibration mics on Amazon, like the behringer one, for less than half the price, but unfortunately they aren't USB mics.

It is cheap if you just convert the currency. It costs 75 dollars which is like Rs 5000. On Amazon it is on sale for almost Rs 20000, which is daylight robbery. I saw some other calibration mics on Amazon, like the behringer one, for less than half the price, but unfortunately they aren't USB mics.
Why dont you ship it directly from the minidsp website?

Why not check with a member in your city. Maybe you can borrow it for a day

MaSh

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back