Mirza Ghalib LP

samitcal

Hi
I am new to this forum. I am getting a pretty decent MG LP with a very bad torn/mutated cover. What should one pay for this Thanks

Hi
I am new to this forum. I am getting a pretty decent MG LP with a very bad torn/mutated cover. What should one pay for this Thanks

I don't think anybody can tell you how much you should pay for an LP.
IMHO the cover forms an important part of any record, and without it its value diminishes.

Looking at online stores like Discogs might give you an idea of what it's worth in the market.

I don't think anybody can tell you how much you should pay for an LP.
IMHO the cover forms an important part of any record, and without it its value diminishes.

Looking at online stores like Discogs might give you an idea of what it's worth in the market.

Isn’t that sad? Judging a LP by its cover?

thank you so much for your help.
If there is a hiss sound and the LP looks in great shape can the hiss sound be removed. Like ven after cleaning will the background hizz ever go away.
Sorry I am new and might be asking some basic questions. Thanks for your help.

If its damage to the surface of the groove then i am afraid the hiss might not go away. This could be caused by excessive wear and use of the record (though I have heard recently that if used with a correctly set up system, records shouldnt wear out at all even after repeated usage) or incorrectly set up TT/Cartridge (this one is a common offender). If spending a substantial amount on a pre owned LP, it might be a good idea to see what cartridge and equipment the previous owner used or the general condition of his records to get a slight idea.

Hiss caused by embedded dirt in the grooves of the record will go away after a thorough clean.

Last edited:
Thank you so much. I managed to a decent LP of Mirza Ghalib at 8K. The mutated cover one is lying too if someone in this group is interested. Can contact me.

LP covers even without the LP inside have commercial value. Some are rare and fetch premium prices. I know at least one collector and many others who use the covers for room decor

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back