Mission accomplished after over a year.

• Thread starter Deleted member 15865
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15865

Guys, I am very happy today. After innumerable experiments over the last year and more we have finally built and optimised my stereo music system. It’s sounding what like the vision (?) I had for the sound when I began. A few years back I had auditioned a high end system and it (the sound) had brought tears to my eyes. Today, after the last set of upgrade and optimisation I had the same effect with my system which cost only a fraction of that one. Thanks to team efforts by some friends who ably guided and supported, Family and some other friends who encouraged, heard and provided periodic feedback, contributions by Indian vendors (Hifimart, TotalHomeTheares) and manufacturers (Lyrita Audio), online friends and forum members (Hifivision of course) and many more. It feels like a mission accomplished. Here’s an open invitation to all of you to drop in any time (Thane, Mumbai) and listen to your choice of music on the system (there’s enough content under all genres). Music is such a joy!

Guys, I am very happy today. After innumerable experiments over the last year and more we have finally built and optimised my stereo music system. It’s sounding what like the vision (?) I had for the sound when I began. A few years back I had auditioned a high end system and it (the sound) had brought tears to my eyes. Today, after the last set of upgrade and optimisation I had the same effect with my system which cost only a fraction of that one. Thanks to team efforts by some friends who ably guided and supported, Family and some other friends who encouraged, heard and provided periodic feedback, contributions by Indian vendors (Hifimart, TotalHomeTheares) and manufacturers (Lyrita Audio), online friends and forum members (Hifivision of course) and many more. It feels like a mission accomplished. Here’s an open invitation to all of you to drop in any time (Thane, Mumbai) and listen to your choice of music on the system (there’s enough content under all genres). Music is such a joy!
Congrats on the achievement. Do share your whole setup and pictures.

7AD797F8-66DD-44D6-8B23-82668BFF5769.jpeg Cambridge CXC Transport -> Schiit Bifrost DAC -> Lyrita DHT Line Preamp -> Audiolab 8200A Poweramp-> Castle Knight 2 Speakers with Nordost Coaxial & Interconnect cables and Van den Hul speaker cables

Sachin, could you try the effect of a blanket on top of the TV while listening to music. I know its not aesthetic but its just to understand the impact the reflective surface of the TV may be having.

Shall try it as an experiment

Sachin, could you try the effect of a blanket on top of the TV while listening to music. I know its not aesthetic but its just to understand the impact the reflective surface of the TV may be having.

Tried it immediately. Observations:
1. The sparkle of higher frequencies reduces. Since I have optimised my system for this with the TV placed there, this removes some sheen from the music. Though it sounds somewhat calmer, it’s less than my desired sheen/calmness ratio due to the above optimisation getting changed.
2. The nuances in the vocals (modulations by the singer, the microtones etc) get dampened.

Guess with all the optimisation I’ve done with the TV screen around, it has become a part of the system and therefore the sound that has resulted at the end. May be if I had optimised without the screen I would have optimised the system to a bit brighter combination that I currently have (which is more towards the warm side).

Sachin, I believe you like warm 3 dimensional sound :)

You captured my taste well - you seem to know the components well. And what I learnt in the process is that warmth doesn’t necessarily reduce/smother sparkle, it in fact ensconces the sparkle so that it sounds sweet and doesn’t fatigue. Just like the absolute darkness of my plasma brings the sparkle of the colors.

I can see 4P1L tube preamp. Great tubes. An amp made out of them sounds like 300B.

Yes Lyrita DHT comes with 4P1L. I only requested Mr Bakhshi to make circuit for the 5C4S at the back. The bigger tube gives a room filling sound. There’s no sound/clarity drop even till the corridor outside, about 40 ft away.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back