• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Mission accomplished after over a year.

Wharfedale Evo 4.2

SachinChavan

Guys, I am very happy today. After innumerable experiments over the last year and more we have finally built and optimised my stereo music system. It’s sounding what like the vision (?) I had for the sound when I began. A few years back I had auditioned a high end system and it (the sound) had brought tears to my eyes. Today, after the last set of upgrade and optimisation I had the same effect with my system which cost only a fraction of that one. Thanks to team efforts by some friends who ably guided and supported, Family and some other friends who encouraged, heard and provided periodic feedback, contributions by Indian vendors (Hifimart, TotalHomeTheares) and manufacturers (Lyrita Audio), online friends and forum members (Hifivision of course) and many more. It feels like a mission accomplished. Here’s an open invitation to all of you to drop in any time (Thane, Mumbai) and listen to your choice of music on the system (there’s enough content under all genres). Music is such a joy!

Dr.Lakshay

Guys, I am very happy today. After innumerable experiments over the last year and more we have finally built and optimised my stereo music system. It’s sounding what like the vision (?) I had for the sound when I began. A few years back I had auditioned a high end system and it (the sound) had brought tears to my eyes. Today, after the last set of upgrade and optimisation I had the same effect with my system which cost only a fraction of that one. Thanks to team efforts by some friends who ably guided and supported, Family and some other friends who encouraged, heard and provided periodic feedback, contributions by Indian vendors (Hifimart, TotalHomeTheares) and manufacturers (Lyrita Audio), online friends and forum members (Hifivision of course) and many more. It feels like a mission accomplished. Here’s an open invitation to all of you to drop in any time (Thane, Mumbai) and listen to your choice of music on the system (there’s enough content under all genres). Music is such a joy!
Congrats on the achievement. Do share your whole setup and pictures.

tuff

Is 6 pm OK?;)
Just kidding. I would love to drop by. Will PM and check a good time to do so.

M

mpw

dear sachin

congratulations !!

i would like to accept your invite and drop in for some music..

will PM and mutually setup

thanks
mpw

SachinChavan

Sachin, could you try the effect of a blanket on top of the TV while listening to music. I know its not aesthetic but its just to understand the impact the reflective surface of the TV may be having.

Shall try it as an experiment

SachinChavan

Sachin, could you try the effect of a blanket on top of the TV while listening to music. I know its not aesthetic but its just to understand the impact the reflective surface of the TV may be having.

Tried it immediately. Observations:
1. The sparkle of higher frequencies reduces. Since I have optimised my system for this with the TV placed there, this removes some sheen from the music. Though it sounds somewhat calmer, it’s less than my desired sheen/calmness ratio due to the above optimisation getting changed.
2. The nuances in the vocals (modulations by the singer, the microtones etc) get dampened.

Guess with all the optimisation I’ve done with the TV screen around, it has become a part of the system and therefore the sound that has resulted at the end. May be if I had optimised without the screen I would have optimised the system to a bit brighter combination that I currently have (which is more towards the warm side).