Mission or Wharfedale with Marantz PM5005

Black_Hawk

Hello Members,

Is anyone here using the Mission LX-2 speakers? I wanted to know how they sound? I was planning to get these and pair them with a Marantz PM5005.

The other speakers I was looking at are the Wharfedale Diamond 11.2 or 12.1 but those are almost double the price of the LX2's. If anyone has these please share your thoughts and how these will sound with a Marantz amplifier.

Links for said speakers:
Mission LX-2 Bookshelf Speakers
Wharfedale Diamond 11.2 Bookshelf Speakers
Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers

Genres I listen to: Rock, Pop, EDM, Synth Wave, Fusion, Country. I largely listen to my music on Low to Medium volume levels.
Source: Audio PC (JRiver MC) > Khadas Tone Board DAC > Marantz PM5005 > Speakers

Thank-you

Last edited:
For Mission, Pl have a look at QX2.

Also look at Indiq Audio Diamond/Platinum Mishra. They are flavor of the season. Very very good speakers.

Unfortunately Mission QX-2 is completely out of stock so that's a no go.

I'm liking the Wharfedale's based on reviews but wondering how they will pair up with the Marantz.

Had a word with Mr.Amit from IndiQ Audio and he told me the Diamond Mishra 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers are priced at 42k. He also mentioned that they will pair well with my Marantz PM5005 Amplifier as the Mishra's are high sensitive speakers.

42k so I'm thinking...
Platinum are 34K. Diamonds are worth their price as per FMs. BTW, I am waiting for my Diamond Mishra ordered during GB.

Had a word with Mr.Amit from IndiQ Audio and he told me the Diamond Mishra 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers are priced at 42k. He also mentioned that they will pair well with my Marantz PM5005 Amplifier as the Mishra's are high sensitive speakers.

42k so I'm thinking...
+1 for indiq diamond mishra beauty of sound u will never regret ur buy . It’s very great mid bass n details speaker for music n movies too
Everyone who own till date r praised n happy listen this speakers
Amit is good person do t push n provide proper input to buy according to ur requirement he don’t push to buy only his product he give u better one if not his product

Hello Members,

Is anyone here using the Mission LX-2 speakers? I wanted to know how they sound? I was planning to get these and pair them with a Marantz PM5005.

The other speakers I was looking at are the Wharfedale Diamond 11.2 or 12.1 but those are almost double the price of the LX2's. If anyone has these please share your thoughts and how these will sound with a Marantz amplifier.

Links for said speakers:
Mission LX-2 Bookshelf Speakers
Wharfedale Diamond 11.2 Bookshelf Speakers
Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers

Genres I listen to: Rock, Pop, EDM, Synth Wave, Fusion, Country. I largely listen to my music on Low to Medium volume levels.
Source: Audio PC (JRiver MC) > Khadas Tone Board DAC > Marantz PM5005 > Speakers

Thank-you
From personal experience, ingnore WD. Consider Dali or QA if you can't get Mission..

This might help

Thank-you for linking me to this video. Added to tonight's watch list. This is however for the Mission LX-2 MKII but I think they are "almost" the same as the LX2. I came across a written review comparing the LX-2 and LX-2 MKII here:

Mission LX-2 MkII Speaker Review

@Lizard King : Yes, I'm leaning towards the Mission presently as something to start with. Maybe down the line I'll upgrade but not sure of spending 42k right now on the Diamond Mishras.

My friend owns Mission LX2 MKII in a Hometheatre setup coupled with a Marantz AVR. Will try to get a demo or go and listen to them.
He got them for dirt cheap as he has lots of connections.

Last I saw them at his place they where still in box and soon he was going to upgrade the AVR.

Will check with him tomorrow.

My friend owns Mission LX2 MKII in a Hometheatre setup coupled with a Marantz AVR. Will try to get a demo or go and listen to them.
He got them for dirt cheap as he has lots of connections.

Last I saw them at his place they where still in box and soon he was going to upgrade the AVR.

Will check with him tomorrow.

Do post back with your thoughts after you listen to the LX2 MKII.

Btw, I notice that you have a pair of Micca Covo-S, may I ask how you find them?

Do post back with your thoughts after you listen to the LX2 MKII.

Btw, I notice that you have a pair of Micca Covo-S, may I ask how you find them?
Sure buddy,

Using the Micca for Atmos, super cheap and enough for atmos effects. They are decent nothing to brag about, at that price point they get the job more than done.

Also do check out polk audio rti or S series. They match quite well with marantz and are efficient too.

MaSh

From personal experience, ingnore WD. Consider Dali or QA if you can't get Mission..
Could you please explain why?

Normally people praise and prefer WD's warm signature and mids. WD Diamonds have great reviews. Especially the 11.2s.

Are Dalis or QAs better than the WDs.?

Thanks.

EDIT:

I am planning to get 11.2s or Diamond Mishra's in some months. I have also considered D330s. Not going for a sub now. ( Primarily for HT, though ).

So your observations will help me make a decision.

@Black_Hawk Hope you don't mind my break in.​

Last edited:
@Black_Hawk try to listen Q Acoustics 3030i once at Harmonie Audio, Alipore, I'm assuming you are from Kolkata. Marantz with QA 3030i will be a deadly combo. Also you may take your Marantz amp there and take a demo. QA 3030i is very very detailed. Also listen Concept BS. You may like it.

Could you please explain why?

Normally people praise and prefer WD's warm signature and mids. WD Diamonds have great reviews. Especially the 11.2s.

Are Dalis or QAs better than the WDs.?

Thanks.

EDIT:

I am planning to get 11.2s or Diamond Mishra's in some months. I have also considered D330s. Not going for a sub now. ( Primarily for HT, though ).

So your observations will help me make a decision.

@Black_Hawk Hope you don't mind my break in.​
I have played/ owned Dali Zensor 5, Oberon 7, Rubicon 6, QA 3020i, WD Diamond 230, Reva with Marantz PM6005, PM8006 and nr1609 in different combinations, in different settings. 230 for the maximum period among them. It's a great speaker. But it is bettered by QA in terms of resolution and treble response. Dali beats it on all counts. However it is not apple to apple as size, price point all are different. Treble roll off and smearing in WD is significant. That, coupled with the laid back nature of Marantz can be leaving you wanting for more. I have not heard, but my feeling is that WD should benefit from more forward sounding amplifiers. It is not that WD is bad. In fact it is very good. But benefits from a different sounding amplifier.

YMMV

Thank you.

I heard Dalis are a bit brighter. Always wanted the Zensor 3s for their 7" drivers. But not available anywhere now. Dalis may shine well with a warm or neutral sounding amp. I plan to drive the WDs or IA Mishras with a Yamaha 685 or V6A.

I could always add a stereo amp later. Thanks again.

Thank you.

I heard Dalis are a bit brighter. Always wanted the Zensor 3s for their 7" drivers. But not available anywhere now. Dalis may shine well with a warm or neutral sounding amp. I plan to drive the WDs or IA Mishras with a Yamaha 685 or V6A.

I could always add a stereo amp later. Thanks again.
Dalis are dynamic, not out and out bright. For example I could drive Focal Aria to sibilance, never so with Dali. It's ribbons have awesome treble without being bright.
And you are right about the amplifier matching. It indeed pairs well with laid back/ neutral amplifiers.
Oberon bookshelves come with 7" drivers if I'm not mistaken. Zensor is discontinued now.

Yeah, Zensors are discontinued. And Oberons are pricier replacements. Covid has made it difficult to audition.

IndiqAudio sure has some great products. But difficult to judge the sound from the videos.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back