Mistakes to learn from..!!

Kumar442244

Hello all,

Starting this thread for music enthusiasts who are in the process of exploring/experiencing hifi arena and end up committing to something purely owing to review/prejudice factor and left being dissatisfied.

This is coming from my own experience where I ended up buying a product which I never needed and spent hefty amount (~30K) to get close to satisfaction..

Please share your experience of the journey and pointers u think music enthusiasts can learn from mistakes that we have committed.

in the world of audio - one persons mistake can be another persons opportunity ( or nectar if you will )

so no point in subconsciously equating brands or product with mistakes

The only mistake that one makes is to buy a thing and not use it and that is one that almost everyone can admit to without being brand specific.

in the world of audio - one persons mistake can be another persons opportunity ( or nectar if you will )

so no point in subconsciously equating brands or product with mistakes

The only mistake that one makes is to buy a thing and not use it and that is one that almost everyone can admit to without being brand specific.

Totally agree......so true

When we had a wavering mind & missed the opportunity to buy the fantastic gear which we will never see in our way - that would be the great mistake we did.

This is coming from my own experience where I ended up buying a product which I never needed and spent hefty amount (~30K) to get close to satisfaction..

Put up a review, if you want to add detail and explantion. There must be more to, it is even possible that it was hooked up wrongly / with something it was not meant for.

Mistakes to learn for I can add many

1. WTF should the room matter!
  2. A bitstream is just 1 and 0. Period.
  3. An amp is a wire with gain.
  4. All DACs are the same, don't be silly
  5. Jitter ? that just your nervosa speaking
  6. My DAC will do better with a pre-amp, Are you kidding me ? direct will do for me.
  7. Separates are for fusty rich showoffs
  8. Synergy, LOL. Bring along your shaman and water diviner
  9. Cables matter, like air guitar yes of course<snort, snigger>
  10. Players matter ? I'd like to have what you were smoking
and so on

ciao
gr

Last edited:
My addition to above list of mistakes /misunderstandings...

1. Quality of AC power is irrelevant. The AC is getting converted to DC in the amp so spending on AC line conditioner /purifier /regenerator is useless.

An interesting article & something to think about saving your $$$

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back