Mixing 6ohm speakers with 4ohms!!

Jason_Cruze

Hello,

I currently have Taga 606SE hooked up with my Yamaha RX-V585, I wanted to add height channels to receive the atmos effect,
I'm looking at getting the JBL Control 1PRO's, since the rest of my speakers are rated 6 ohms and these JBL's are rated 4 ohms will it cause a problem to my receiver when running them all together.

I'm sorry if this is a repeated topic but just wanted to confirm whether it will work fine in my scenario and I'm not willing to spend more than 10K for the height channels.

If someone can clarify that would be great, thanks in advance.

Any mid budget avr will handle them well.
Am using Denon x3400 with mix of 6 and 4 ohms. No problem so far even at -10db levels.

Yamaha should drive your speakers. If you don't want to spend much try checking out Micca speakers too, they are available on Amazon.
I am using Micca Covo-S which cost mere 4k and I am more than satisfied.
Miccas look better than JBL on spec too. Do give it a look.

Yamaha should drive your speakers. If you don't want to spend much try checking out Micca speakers too, they are available on Amazon.
I am using Micca Covo-S which cost mere 4k and I am more than satisfied.
Miccas look better than JBL on spec too. Do give it a look.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm just looking for budget height channels. While looking at Micca. I'm also looking at these speakers

Acoustic Audio by Goldwood AA321B 200 Watt​

Any idea on these speaker.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm just looking for budget height channels. While looking at Micca. I'm also looking at these speakers

Acoustic Audio by Goldwood AA321B 200 Watt​

Any idea on these speaker.

The frequency response starts at 150hz which is not great. JBL and Miccas are better in that department.

Look for frequency below 100hz atleast.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back