MoFi sourcepoint 10

jenson

Sounds amazing, atleast on videos.

I heard these today. I am thoroughly impressed, the imaging was unreal for a speaker of this size, and the midrange was glorious (reminded me so much of the Harbeth Shl5 which I used to own). I didn't find them bright at-all as some professional reviews suggested (source was an Aurender streamer into McIntosh amplification). I am looking forward to hearing the smaller 8, which will be a consideration for me in the future.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
Nice to hear about your experience. Pretty much reflects the general word on the street. Concentric drivers like these need good source and amplification. If people cheap out on that, it could sound a little bright. I had the same experience when auditioning some speakers from fyne audio.

Nice to hear about your experience. Pretty much reflects the general word on the street. Concentric drivers like these need good source and amplification. If people cheap out on that, it could sound a little bright. I had the same experience when auditioning some speakers from fyne audio.
The other thing is these have to be pulled out into the room, as close back wall placement will exacerbate the mid bass. In my case have my fingers crossed that this issue will be less with the 8, as my intended placement - should I get these - will not afford more than a meter. Lets see.
Cheers,
Sid

The other thing is these have to be pulled out into the room, as close back wall placement will exacerbate the mid bass. In my case have my fingers crossed that this issue will be less with the 8, as my intended placement - should I get these - will not afford more than a meter. Lets see.
Cheers,
Sid
The good thing about a large driver based “midrange” is how far we can pull them apart without killing the body of the mids. Some time back I read too much audio science review and I kept on ignoring speakers with larger midranges. Yes they are hard to integrate with the tweeter to get a constant directivity but done right, but I would trade bit of a dircevity for a larger bodied sound. The last two speakers I had had 7 inch mids and the current one has 5. I cannot space the current speaker as wide as I could like before now as they sound quite thin in mids then. 10 inch + coaxials has this unique blend of both worlds imo. You can place them wide, yet the directivity is superb due to the concentric design. I completely get what they are trying to achieve here. Wish I could listen to them somewhere.

I heard these today. I am thoroughly impressed, the imaging was unreal for a speaker of this size, and the midrange was glorious (reminded me so much of the Harbeth Shl5 which I used to own). I didn't find them bright at-all as some professional reviews suggested (source was an Aurender streamer into McIntosh amplification). I am looking forward to hearing the smaller 8, which will be a consideration for me in the future.
Cheers,
Sid
Oh wow, they have a dealership in India? How much are they retailing for in India?

MaSh

Oh wow, they have a dealership in India? How much are they retailing for in India?

MaSh
I didn't inquire about the pricing in detail but I was told they will be approximately around the US retail.
Cheers,
Sid

No affiliation with the seller.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back