Mogami Cables

saikat

Hi,
Was reading that the Mogami 2549 cable can be used to make decent interconnects. Anyone has any experience with them?

Also came across this japanese interconnect (OYAIDE ELEC,co,.ltd.).

What about cryo-treated stuff?

Thanks,
Saikat.

You just found out one of the best kept secrets in underground audio:)
Mogami makes some of the best cables. Some of the best studios are wired with Mogami. The hi-end audience cables are made by mogami.

:D.. Any particular cable you know of square_wave?

How about speaker cables?

Planning to get some cables and some RCA connectors and play around.

Shortlisted RCA's:
------------------
Neutrik Profi - ~ 18$
Transparent - ~ 5$
Switchcraft - ~ 2$

Vampires/WBT's/Eichmann for phase II (are more expensive..:D

Contact pace mediateck for mogami. Its a bombay based disty. Most of their cables are brilliant quality for dirt cheap.

:D.. Any particular cable you know of square_wave?

How about speaker cables?

Planning to get some cables and some RCA connectors and play around.

Shortlisted RCA's:
------------------
Neutrik Profi - ~ 18$
Transparent - ~ 5$
Switchcraft - ~ 2$

Vampires/WBT's/Eichmann for phase II (are more expensive..:D

Hi,
Dont have much to share on the Mogami but i would not buy the Neutrik Profigold @ 18 USD a connector. Even a WBT can be got for the same amount which are far far better.
The Transparent RCA @ 5 USD is a good bet and so will the VDH gold plated one @ 6 Euro. Just make sure u buy the correct size to fit the cable snugly.
Rgds

Hi Saikat,
I don't know about the wire numbers. I was having a talk with somebody who is deep into DIY and got this information. I am planning to check them out. I had tried a pair of speaker wires which are quite cheap ( some 10 $ per metre) recently and they 'ROCK" :D. They ROYALLY WALK ALL OVER some hi-end cables I had checked out earlier.
Will let you know the numbers later.

@dinyaar: Okay. How about Cardas/Vampire etc?

btw, you have been missing for some time it seems.. :)

@square_wave: That would be great.

Square_wave if you are talking about Siva's pair of speaker cables, its #W3103. I just ordered 6 meters. Sitting with a friend of mine in mumbai.

Its 398 rupees+4%VAT/meter from the local distributor and is readily available.

The interconnects were significantly inferior to the Usher Rapport that I'm currently using. But then that would hardly cost 2-3k while this one is a lot lot more.

Saikat I'm not sure... talk to sridhar he might have the WBT plugs used by groneberg. I'm not 100% sure of that though.

Last edited:
Hi,
Ya have been getting up and rushing to work and just coming home and crashing as the markets are too much to handle. So music and related took a back seat Saikat.

Cardas is great but which one. All may not give u the desired sound. They are damn expensive too so its best to try and satisfy before buying. I have a very old Cardas IC and frankly in my current set up a cheap Supra sounds more detailed and natural while the cardas( as fat and inflexible like a gas pipe) sounds a bit lean.
Rgds

Last edited:
Dinyaar, I am still talking about RCA connectors/jacks only. The cables will be from Mogami (possibly the 2549).

Looking at 4 connectors @max ~$50. Is WBT worth it?

Here's a list of available ones, (http://www.partsconnexion.com/catalog/connectors.html)

VDH (Van den Hul: Advisory Retail Pricelist) is slightly more expensive though.

Edit: Objective 1) is to make an interconnect using decent cables + RCA connectors (and experiment, how much diff do connectors make).

Although, as a bonus, getting info on speaker cables as well...:D

Last edited:
Hi
Actually Oyaide is probably the most respected manufacturer power cables/accessories. Apart from Mogami, Belden and Supra makes some great DIY stuff too. If you really want the ultimate in Japanese high end cables (or pretty much any high end cable) you will have to go to Acrolink. These are built with only high end performance in mind and ofcourse are priced that way too. We have used one for a high end project a while back.

On the RCAs, I dont have spare WBTs around, I do have some higher end Cardas RCAs and Eichammann though but they dont come at the $18 level :D For the females, the Vampires are better for the money, for the males, WBT, futuretech, cardas will all work. If you want the best go with Eichmann bullets. I will be getting Audio Art RCAs shortly, which are OEMs made by the same shop that makes one of the above (cant say which :D ) which are great value at roughly $10 or $11 each.

Reignofchaos, I think you heard the Mogami speaker wire right ? or was it only the IC that you heard?

cheers

Hi
Actually Oyaide is probably the most respected manufacturer power cables/accessories. Apart from Mogami, Belden and Supra makes some great DIY stuff too. If you really want the ultimate in Japanese high end cables (or pretty much any high end cable) you will have to go to Acrolink. These are built with only high end performance in mind and ofcourse are priced that way too. We have used one for a high end project a while back.

On the RCAs, I dont have spare WBTs around, I do have some higher end Cardas RCAs and Eichammann though but they dont come at the $18 level :D For the females, the Vampires are better for the money, for the males, WBT, futuretech, cardas will all work. If you want the best go with Eichmann bullets. I will be getting Audio Art RCAs shortly, which are OEMs made by the same shop that makes one of the above (cant say which :D ) which are great value at roughly $10 or $11 each.

Reignofchaos, I think you heard the Mogami speaker wire right ? or was it only the IC that you heard?

cheers

I tried both... didn't like the interconnect but loved the speaker wire. The speaker wire is amazing value for money.

I can vouch for both the WBT 0110s and the 0144s for the copper line. These are above your budget though.

Dinyaar, I am still talking about RCA connectors/jacks only. The cables will be from Mogami (possibly the 2549).

Looking at 4 connectors @max ~$50. Is WBT worth it?

Here's a list of available ones, (http://www.partsconnexion.com/catalog/connectors.html)

VDH (Van den Hul: Advisory Retail Pricelist) is slightly more expensive though.

Edit: Objective 1) is to make an interconnect using decent cables + RCA connectors (and experiment, how much diff do connectors make).

Although, as a bonus, getting info on speaker cables as well...:D

I tried both... didn't like the interconnect but loved the speaker wire. The speaker wire is amazing value for money.

Hi Reign,
I have not checked the interconnects. Only the speaker wire. Great sound. Musical and balanced without a grain of harshness.:) It is the same wire you mentioned.
Was the interconnect done with the same wire ?

if you are asking to choose between one, its Eichmann, provided you can solder well (the gnd pin is very delicate) and you wont keep pulling out the plugs from the components - they need to be a bit warmed to be flexible enough to insert and then the fit is tight to keep experimenting.

cheers

@odyssey: Cardas? Eichmann?

Hi Reign,
I have not checked the interconnects. Only the speaker wire. Great sound. Musical and balanced without a grain of harshness.:) It is the same wire you mentioned.
Was the interconnect done with the same wire ?

No the interconnect was some other wire. It neither had the tonality nor the resolution of the Usher Rapport. You are absolutely right about the speaker cable. It was absolutely top class. Far better than the Audioquest CV4 I was using.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back