Monitor Audio BX2 cable connection

Strutton

I am no expert, but I splashed out and purchased a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze BX2 speakers.
These I am going to use for stereo only.
There are four screws HF at the top LF that the bottom, red side connected to a bracket, the same with the black.
Where do I connect my cable?
I probably know, but just to be on the safe side.
Also what is the difference between bi-pole and di-pole?
Thanks.

I am no expert, but I splashed out and purchased a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze BX2 speakers.
There are four screws HF at the top LF that the bottom, red side connected to a bracket, the same with the black.
Thanks.

You can try this

The striped or red color speaker cable shall go to the red color bottom screw and the other cable into black color bottom screw, while keeping the plate intact as it was before.

or this

The striped or red color speaker cable shall go to the red color top screw and the other cable into black color top screw, while keeping the plate intact as it was before.

Infact all 4 combinations like these are ok as long as you connect the cables properly between the amp and the speakers... red to red and black to black

Basically you have separate inputs LF (low frequency) and HF (high frequency) on the speakers for bi-amping/ bi-wiring which I guess you need not worry about right now. Which amplifier have you connected it to, BTW?

Last edited:
Thanks.

As @Santy suggested, do not remove the metal plate connecting HF and LF. Connect Red or (+) wire with the red (top or bottom) screw, Black or (-) wire with the black screw.

Hi, I have a similar query.

I'm no expert have 2 Tannoy R1's and i think i need to Bi Amp them as of now. (have only 2 fronts and going to build the the others slowly (Active Sub + Surrounds X 6).

I'm using an Onkyo Receiver (TX SR 508)

What i've read is i can Bi Amp the fronts with the front high surrounds (see the diagram) which i understand.

There are removable metal plates connected the Terminals on the speakers. See diagram.

Common sense would be remove them when Bi-Wiring them as i think the inputs may need to be separated. But I'm not sure. (I didn't safely keep my manual)

QUESTiONS : Should i remove the removable connecters when bi wiring the speakers ? (see diagram)

Could you guys help me ?

Attachments

• Untitled.001.jpg
    Untitled.001.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 89
yes you have to remove the connecting plate if you are going to biamp it.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back