Monitor Audio RS6 and Marantz PM 8003

ilar

Hi All.

Is MA RS6 a good match with Marantz PM8003? Please advise. I listen to more of A R Rahman and Ilayaraja stuff.

Hi:

They both are a stunning match, the 8003 can drive the RS6 to its full potential. The speakers can churn out sumptuous bass with that kind of amp. Highly recommended!

Having said that, if you've that kind of budget for an amp, the Arcam A38, would be an ideal match for the RS6, an investment that you don't have to alter for years to come.

:)

Last edited:
Hi Vinoth,

Thanks for the quick response. But how much will this model from Arcam cost me? Who can i purchase it from?

OP:

Yes, if you're down the NAD route, you will be happy with the 352/355 driving the RS6 - the little forward sound shaking hands with a nice warm/laid back sound.

Having said that, like the other poster said, to drive the RS6 to its full potential a NAD 372/375 is the way to go.

Only thing you have to keep in mind is indian movie OST cds have a very bright recording. So the combo should sound balanced keeping your music preference in mind

I would not recommend the RS6 unless you have a Warm amplifier and CD Player The MA RS6 is a brighter speaker and listening to old recordings will infact lead to ear fatigue.( because of the poor recordings), You can check the Dali speakers and also the new RX 6 series.

I would not recommend the RS6 unless you have a Warm amplifier and CD Player The MA RS6 is a brighter speaker and listening to old recordings will infact lead to ear fatigue.( because of the poor recordings), You can check the Dali speakers and also the new RX 6 series.

Dude, the Dali's are even brighter than the RS6. In fact, The RX6 with its new tweeters are a tad brighter than the older sibling.

The RS6 goes beautifully with the PM8003, IMHO. The NAD's sound way too laidback.

Hi:

You're spot on with the Dali and the 8003. But, the new RX6s treble is superior and more controlled than the RS6, rest all same.

Yup, the treble is controlled when compared to the older sibling! In fact I find it to be a way better package with the Marantz in comparison to the Dali Ikon.

But rupee to overall value, the RS 6 is a very good deal, as one can get it at clearance prices! The overall difference to the sound, IMHO, is marginal at best between RS 6 and RX 6.

I have recently bought RX6 with PM8003.
Though I like bright sound, but I think the combination is a tad brighter than my liking. I hope things will be better after the burn-in.

Oh, yeah, sure after 100 hours burn-in, the RX6 will get a lot smoother. Mine also took a lot of hours to get smoother as its now.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back