Monitor Audio RX6 or RS6 vs B&W 683

Thanks audio_engr!

Now to the bigger task of convincing the wife how the $2000 speakers (and an amplifier eventually) are gonna enhance our quality of lives by leaps and bounds and lead us to moksha ;)

Btw, when I went to return the demo RS6 to the dealer and told him I am still deciding between them and B&W and to some extent Polk RTi A7, he mentioned that Polks seem to have a larger soundstage by creating it when there is not and making it unnatural; which was just what I was hearing - the Polks seemed to have a larger soundstage than RS6, but the vocals were somewhat hollow-sounding. Just curious how much truth there is to what he said?!

being a resident of US, you should be able to grab a B&W speaker as suggested by audio engineer. all the best in your hunting process.

regards

B&W speakers demand more high-end electronics than MA. If you do have or plan to go for high-end amps/CDPs then go for B&W. I understand Monitor Audios are a tad bright. Since I listen to music not more than 2 hours at a stretch, fatigue is not an issue for me. And in those 1-2 hrs, it really brings the music live for me.

Last edited:
Yes, I checked Audiogon and ebay. The CM9 for $2300 I mentioned are available at Audiogon.
Btw how much are the 's' better; whats the difference? Are the 703 any good? There are a couple of these at audiogon.

Much much better than any 600 series speaker. The 683 is way inferior to a 703 and the CM series though better (IMO) than the 600 s is also not close to the now discontinued 700.

Rgds

Thanks all for the responses! Yes I have read about B&W needing better electronics, and I have been thinking of at least an amp to start with.

One more q - I may also be able to get the old Nautilus 803 for ~ $2400. The 703 for maybe ~2200. Would you say the 803 is a better option? While their condition is stated as 8/10, I am slightly sceptic as it must be anywhere from 8-10 years old. How do these fare over such a period? Keep in mind, this is quite a big expense for me, and I would expect to keep whatever I buy now for at least another 7 or more years. Would you expect an old 803 to keep performing well this long?

I just witnessed a Matrix 805 at my client place and trust me I have never seen and heard anything like this before. I was in love with those, they touched me at an emotional level.

So I am sure they hold their age BUT its important how it was cared! These are built to stand provided they were cared for!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back