monitor audio.

Hey Manu, you are opening just too many threads, against the liking of lot of people on this forum. I would suggest you to create a thread - "My quest for high end speakers with an exceptional low end". And may be another thread "My quest for high end receiver with an exceptional low end". So that it is easy for all of use to compare, advice and keep track of what direction the thread is going. For example - Asit's thread on looking for an amp for my canton.

I hope you won't mind and help others help you.

Manu:

Monitor Audio is distributed by Audio People in Chennai.

Welcome to The Audio People : Chennai Premiere high - end hi-fi Shop

Now, about the Silver series that you're asking about, a stunning product for the money - starting from RS1 to RS8. I have the RS6 floorstanders for the last one year and am extremely happy with the way it sounds. Initially, all silver series speakers tend to be constrained, would never sound wonderful out of the box, but after say 100 hours they show what they're capable of.

My RS6 is fully run-in and they sing beautifully with wide soundstage, spot-on imaging, deep deep bass, that you'll be left wondering 'how the heck so much bass from such a small speaker'.

To summarize, RS6 is a fun speaker that you can be left to enjoy with the variety of music that you throw at it. Nothing can beat RS6 at its price range.

Finally, here is the famous review from stereophile, way back in 2005 ....

Stereophile: Monitor Audio Silver RS6 loudspeaker

[IMO] :)

Hey Manu, you are opening just too many threads, against the liking of lot of people on this forum. I would suggest you to create a thread - "My quest for high end speakers with an exceptional low end". And may be another thread "My quest for high end receiver with an exceptional low end". So that it is easy for all of use to compare, advice and keep track of what direction the thread is going. For example - Asit's thread on looking for an amp for my canton.

I hope you won't mind and help others help you.

okkk brother i'll do that in future :)

the rs6 - one of the best speakers out there in the price range. neutral, musical, performs really well right through the range. just make sure you dont pair it with a bright amp. apart from that you wont have any complaints from it. theres an upgrade coming in sept (rx6) - no reviews as yet but you could wait for the new model or look around for a deal on the current

RS6 is quite expensive..but of course the quality and soundstage is huge!! I am more looking for bookshelves and have zeroed in on Bronze BR2 and Silver RS1. Any idea on Bangalore pricing of these?

Last edited:
Hope I can get BR2 for the quoted prices here in Bangalore. AFAIR someone was quoted around 25K for BR2 in BLR. Will have to bargain hard.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back