Monoprice HDMI cable and banana plug - any feedback

govindp

anyone using HDMI cable from monoprice.com? cnet review highly recommends that and the price is too attractive... Anyone using it or have any feedback?

Similarly, any feedback on their banana plug will also be highly appreciated..

I'm thinking of importing them, but, wanted to check before taking the next step... Including UPS expedited shipping, their price is highly attractive and customer review looks to be very good!

Thanks,
govind.

anyone using HDMI cable from monoprice.com? cnet review highly recommends that and the price is too attractive... Anyone using it or have any feedback?

Similarly, any feedback on their banana plug will also be highly appreciated..

I'm thinking of importing them, but, wanted to check before taking the next step... Including UPS expedited shipping, their price is highly attractive and customer review looks to be very good!

Thanks,
govind.

2 Years back i purchased 25feet HDMI cable & 25feet RCA cable for my AVR to projector, so far so good, no issues... Can rely on them.

Banana plugs- No idea..

Regards

been using a pair of monoprice hdmi cables (dvd-->avr-->tv) for sometime. pic is very good (but honestly, never compared it to any other cable). construction is very robust and solid and the plugs are snug fits. physically, they'll probably last a lifetime.

shall be getting a couple more of them shortly.

[this is my 100th post. so HOORAY]:yahoo:

I've got a few cables from them, HDMI, component, composite and they do the work. For the price they surely give the expensive ones a run and my opinion is why pay more when you get the same quality for less cost!
-M

I'm using quite a few Monoprice products for > a year. I have no complaints.

HDMI cables
Toslink optical
Analog Coax (premium and regular)
Digital Coax
SVGA cable
HDMI switcher
Banana plugs
TV Signal splitter
RG6 TV cable (extension for set-top box)
F connector
PSP component cable
Cable ties
USB extension cable
USB hub
Speaker wire

100% satisfied :)

Disclaimer - I'm not really a very discerning user and neither do I have high end equipment.

I have ordered 2 HDMI cables capable of 1080P, 30 ft length, 24 AWG and 10 pairs of banana plug from monoprice. expecting the shipment to reach me tomorrow thru UPS expedited shipping.

total price came to $144, including shipping. not sure about customs... have to wait and see:)

Hi Guys,

I am switching the HDMI cable i got along with the Oppo DVDP between the Oppo and WD TV Live.It is proving to be a pain in the neck. Can any one suggest me which 'Premium 24AWG HDMI 1.3a Male to Male Cable' i should choose for my WD TV from this page.

HDMI 1.3 Cable

Thanks,
sri

They are fantastic, in fact I had compared them with monster, belden etc and no problem. Infact their HDMI though not 1.4 (its 1.3 a) supports 3D.

Dont worry you wont be disappointed. The Banana Plugs were good for the price but Belden (blue jean) was better in build quality.

Hi Ram,

Nice to see you on the forum even from US of A. How is it going there?
Can you please take a look at my above post and give a suggestion?

cheers,
sri

Hi Guys,

I am switching the HDMI cable i got along with the Oppo DVDP between the Oppo and WD TV Live.It is proving to be a pain in the neck. Can any one suggest me which 'Premium 24AWG HDMI 1.3a Male to Male Cable' i should choose for my WD TV from this page.

HDMI 1.3 Cable

Thanks,
sri

Sri,
You can go for:
1. HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

or

2. HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

1st one is 9$ and 2nd one is 13$. The difference is 1st one the conductor is Tin plated and 2nd one its Silver plated mproves conductivity and helps prevent corrosion.

BUT this is a never ending argument, but both are equally good and they wont have an impact on the PQ/SQ in HDMI cables. So go ahead and buy the Tin one.

Personally I would buy cables for digital transfer from them. For analogue audio applications, you may want to look at bluejeans as well as I find they are better suited for such applications.

Sri: Why do you want to change the Oppo cable? ARe they that bad? Also, if u can wait for a month, Monoprice is releasing 1.4 version and that might serve for longer time that the current 1.3a

For ordering Monoprice is there any other method than, ordering online? I mean are they available in any outlets in India?

For ordering Monoprice is there any other method than, ordering online? I mean are they available in any outlets in India?

Nope no outlets in India, You have order it online in the US and get them shipped locally or opt for international shippping. Their website is down for the last few days so there is no ETA yet. Just keep checking frequently for it be back again.

Alternatively you should be able to call them and place order
-Manish

I have ordered 2 HDMI cables capable of 1080P, 30 ft length, 24 AWG and 10 pairs of banana plug from monoprice. expecting the shipment to reach me tomorrow thru UPS expedited shipping.

total price came to $144, including shipping. not sure about customs... have to wait and see:)

That sounds awfully expensive. Why did you choose UPS expidited? Note there may also be a customs surcharge by UPS. THis is one of their hidden fees.

They are internet only direct shop. NO outlets. Suggest you pick USPS as an option if avaiable with tracking. Otherwise UPS standard service.

I have used some of their products. For digital cables I would buy without second thoughts. For analogue audio, I would start with Blue Jeans (never failed me) since I have had mixed luck with monoprice. Also I have observed their cables colour the sound in audio applications.

That sounds awfully expensive. Why did you choose UPS expidited? Note there may also be a customs surcharge by UPS. THis is one of their hidden fees.

For international shipping, UPS is the only mode of shipping they offer. I was charged about Rs. 800 customs. So, total came to around Rs. 7,500 for TWO 10M 1080P 24 AWG HDMI cables and 10 pairs of banana plugs. Based on the DAC 10M HDMI cable price that I saw(which I heard that does not work always:sad:), not sure if this is expensive.. I had checked MX website and they didnt have any 10M 1080P HDMI cables listed.. I wish i knew a cheaper option:sad:

I guess it's a bit too late to answer your question, but I have been using 22 AWG 25 foot HDMI cables from Monoprice since the past 7 months without issue.

The only caveat is that these thick cables do not bend easily so clearance is required at the back, you may break the connector otherwise, I bout 3 cables, and one of them suffered this issue. Please be warned that resoldering the connector back on does not work as HDMI is extremely noise vulnerable :(

Did anyone had to pay the customs duty and if yes, how much ?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back