Monster HDMI Cable M1000DAV

nitish

Does anyone own this HDMI cable? It is available for 2000 for 1.8metres, which I feel is very cheap for monster m1000 series.
But, I want to know if it is 1.3version or not. It is not listed on the monster site, but if you search it is listed as OEM product. But the speed is not mentioned.
Thanks

Does anyone own this HDMI cable? It is available for 2000 for 1.8metres, which I feel is very cheap for monster m1000 series.
But, I want to know if it is 1.3version or not. It is not listed on the monster site, but if you search it is listed as OEM product. But the speed is not mentioned.
Thanks

Is there a particular reason you are looking at this model while there are other alternatives?

Marsilians,

I needed a HDMI 1.3 cable to connect my Samsung 46" TV and denon 2309. I bought a MX HDMI cable for 400/-, but I find that it causes jagged egdes in the picture at times, so I thought I should try some better brand. Monster costs upward of 4000/- and I don't think I can afford that cable. This monster cable is available for 1800/- so i thought it was a good buy.
Do you have anything else in mind?
Nitish

Do you have anything else in mind? Nitish

Many of these branded cables will cost about that figure for a 1.5 meter length. See if you can use a cable from Design Audio called. DAC. DAC cables are certified for 1.3a use and are of excellent quality. I have been using one for the last 6 odd months, and it performs without any hitches.

Pacific Series

Cheers

Marsilians,

I needed a HDMI 1.3 cable to connect my Samsung 46" TV and denon 2309. I bought a MX HDMI cable for 400/-, but I find that it causes jagged egdes in the picture at times, so I thought I should try some better brand. Monster costs upward of 4000/- and I don't think I can afford that cable. This monster cable is available for 1800/- so i thought it was a good buy.
Do you have anything else in mind?
Nitish

You might have gotten a bad quality cable. Did you try getting an exchange?

Re; monster cable - thats a decent price. No second thoughts on quality.

Another option is cambridge audio HDMI cables - they sell for for about 1300/- Pretty good quality too. YOu will save decent amt if you are planning to buy a bunch.

Last edited:

Re; monster cable - thats a decent price. No second thoughts on quality.

Another option is cambridge audio HDMI cables - they sell for for about 1300/- Pretty good quality too. YOu will save decent amt if you are planning to buy a bunch.

Hi,
I exchanged for another similiar cable from the dealer. Same problem. I went to the MX site but they don't mention that that their cables are HDMI 1.3a compliant. I have written to Monster support for this cable info and am hopeful they will reply.
DAC cable sells for 1700/- here in Mumbai from Designer Audio. And for just 100 bucks more I will get a monster cable (honestly don't know if they are better)
I haven't come across Cambridge Audio HDMI cable in Mumbai. Will try and hunt for this one. Do you know where I can get it in Mumbai?

This may be a challenge, depending upon where Nitish picked it from.

My interaction with MX retailers have been disappointing. For them once the product is out of their shop, the job is done. Their main office or shops are not even interested in retail. I was speaking to their 'office' here yesterday, and he was pushing me for quantity. 'How much are you buying', was his constant refrain. He was not even interested in what I was buying.

And I am pretty sure they will not understand HDMI, 1.3a etc. They may just say, "Apna system check keejiye saab.' But at the same time, there is no harm in trying.

Cheers

Order the Blue jean BJC Series-F2 hdmi here.
These are made with tested belden bonded cable. Certified for HDMI 1.3a (CTS 1.3b1), Category 2 (high-speed) upto 15 feet. Beldon is one of the best OEM cable manufacturers out there.
Monster is a scam.
HDMI Cables from Blue Jeans Cable

It works like a charm for me. Pay using paypal and it will come home.

Last edited:
I haven't come across Cambridge Audio HDMI cable in Mumbai. Will try and hunt for this one. Do you know where I can get it in Mumbai?

Try these guys.

Alliance 4
41/1623, Shree Co-Op Housing Society, DN Nagar
New Link Road, Andheri (West)
Mumbai
India
Contact Person: Mr. Hrishkesh on + 91 9820162562 or Mr. kadam on +91 9867368672
Telephone: +91 22 26203830
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.allaince4india.com

Sharper Image
G-/2, T.V. Industrial Estate,
S.K. Ahire Marg, Behind Glaxo,
Mumbai
India
Darius Kotwal
Telephone: +91-22-4915886, Mobile: +919821557571
Email: sharper99@gmailcom

The Shop
Elegant House, Plot # 195, D N Nagar
Building # 35, New Andheri - Oshiwara Link Road,
Andheri West - Mumbai
India
Contact Person: Mr. Jignesh Patel & Mr. Ramji Patel on 91 9820654522
Telephone: 91 22 26204710 / 26286093 /
Fax: 91 22 26237588
Email: [email protected] - [email protected]
Web: ::::::::::::::: Welcome to The Shop :::::::::::::::

Cheers

Order the Blue jean BJC Series-F2 hdmi here.
These are made with tested belden bonded cable. Certified for HDMI 1.3a (CTS 1.3b1), Category 2 (high-speed) upto 15 feet. Beldon is one of the best OEM cable manufacturers out there.
Monster is a scam.
HDMI Cables from Blue Jeans Cable

It works like a charm for me. Pay using paypal and it will come home.

Thanks,
Followed that link and was amazed by the vast choice. Tell me is the price quoted the actual price or you pay more by taxes, delivery etc. Because the prices are very attractive!!

Try these guys.

Alliance 4
41/1623, Shree Co-Op Housing Society, DN Nagar
New Link Road, Andheri (West)
Mumbai
India
Contact Person: Mr. Hrishkesh on + 91 9820162562 or Mr. kadam on +91 9867368672
Telephone: +91 22 26203830
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.allaince4india.com

Sharper Image
G-/2, T.V. Industrial Estate,
S.K. Ahire Marg, Behind Glaxo,
Mumbai
India
Darius Kotwal
Telephone: +91-22-4915886, Mobile: +919821557571
Email: sharper99@gmailcom

The Shop
Elegant House, Plot # 195, D N Nagar
Building # 35, New Andheri - Oshiwara Link Road,
Andheri West - Mumbai
India
Contact Person: Mr. Jignesh Patel & Mr. Ramji Patel on 91 9820654522
Telephone: 91 22 26204710 / 26286093 /
Fax: 91 22 26237588
Email: [email protected] - [email protected]
Web: ::::::::::::::: Welcome to The Shop :::::::::::::::

Cheers

Thanks pal for the input. will get in touch with them today

Thanks,
Followed that link and was amazed by the vast choice. Tell me is the price quoted the actual price or you pay more by taxes, delivery etc. Because the prices are very attractive!!

I think I paid some 150 bucks extra for the shipping.That's it. :)

Thanks,

I would also like to add that their quality is comparable to best in world and their pricing is not as atrocious as Mon$ter and absolutely no hype. 90% of my current cabling is from BJC.

hi order a 3 hdmi cables from BJC with some banana & spade plugs for my Onkyo 606 will update once i recieve them ...and many thanks to all you great guys trying to help noobs and each other with info..thanx

Marsilians and Square-Wave, I am looking at getting a multi channel RCA audio cable from BJC. Did you guys order from India, and get it into the country?

Cheers

Mate,
I have 3 extra HDMI cables certified for 1.3a which I picked for 21.35 $ when I was in US. I got this for my friends and they have left for US so these are extra with me. If interested let me know you buy them from me.

These are cables bought from direct suppliers to OEM Manufacturers as we knew someone there. I have been using it on my PV8 with WD TV and DVD Player and they work awesome.

Specs:
Connector Type: HDMI male to HDMI male
Connector Finish: Gold
Length: 6ft
Gauge: 28AWG
# of conductors: 19
Conductor Plating: Tin
Shielding level: Triple
Shielding type: EMI
Ferrite Cores: Yes 7/8" thick and 1 1/2 " long. One on each side of the cable.

HDMI connector head measures 3/4" thick by 1 3/4' long.
Net Jacket: No
Built-in Equalizer: No
Supported Resolutions: 480i to 1080p

Bandwidth: up to 340 Mhz (10.2 Gbps)
Deep Color: 10-bit, 12-bit, and 16-bit (RGB or YCbCr) color depths. x.v.Color

HDMI Certified: Yes
HDMI Spec: 1.3a
Category 2 Certified: Yes
HDCP Compliant: Yes
CEC Compliant: Yes
ROHS Compliant: Yes
1.3 Device Compatible: Yes
Supports DVD Audio: Yes
Supports SACD: Yes
Supports TrueHD & DTS-HD: Yes

UL Specs

UL File #: E119932
UL Style #: 20276
CL2 (In-Wall): No
VW-1: Yes
Voltage Rating: 30V
Temperature Rating: 80 C

Panasonic also have some nice HDMI cables at reasonable rates (price not mentioned on website) check the link below:
HDMI Cable | Digital AV | Panasonic India

Usually pana people don't update their site frequently just visit/call any pana brandshop they might have/arrange the one you might need.

I have pana AVC ACCESSORIES-Cataouge 2008 with me...in it they have mentioned the rates of the following models:
(1) Model:RP-CDHG15,1.5 m,4.5GPS/2.2GPS,720p/1080i, RS 1499/-(MRP)

(2) Model:RP-CDHG30,3m,4.5GPS/2.2GPS,720p/1080i,RS 1999/-(MRP)

(3) Model:RP-CDHG80,8m,4.5GPS/2.2GPS,720p/1080i,with passive equalizer, RS 8999/-(MRP)

They have also mentioned HDMI V1.3a category 2,HIGH SPEED,10.2Gbps, 1080p/16bit cables also but not their price or model number.:)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back