Monster HTS Series - compatible in India?

John

Hi,

I am looking to go for Monster's HTS 1000 or 850 (will it do) for my power conditioning needs.

Are these products compatible in India ? Or do they run only on 110 volts?

I am looking at HTS 800/850 and 1000

Home Theater PowerCenter™ HTS 800 with Clean Power™ Stage 1

Products I Plan to plug in:

1. Denon AVR (600 Watts)
2. Polk Sub (400 watts)
3. Oppo DVD Player.
4. External HDD
5. WD HD TV Media player.
6 29" Philips CRT

Thanks in advance.

Where do you stay? This was ( and think still) available @ Reliance Retail Vashi , Navi Mumbai Outlets ( around 8 K I Think!)

Where do you stay? This was ( and think still) available @ Reliance Retail Vashi , Navi Mumbai Outlets ( around 8 K I Think!)

I stay in Siliguri. I plan to get it via a friend in the US. Question - does it work on 220 volts? I know Monster sells it via their associates in India...but is it the same version, or another one?

What is advertised on the site will all be for 110 volts. If you want to use in India, you have to look at the ones they sell in India. That will be rated for 220. Also take a look at Belkin. They give unquestioned guarantee on the products they sell as well as insurance on the amps/TV etc., used through their power strips. Belkin products are available all over now.

Cheers

Hi,

I am looking to go for Monster's HTS 1000 or 850 (will it do) for my power conditioning needs.

Are these products compatible in India ? Or do they run only on 110 volts?

I am looking at HTS 800/850 and 1000

Home Theater PowerCenter HTS 800 with Clean Power Stage 1

Products I Plan to plug in:

1. Denon AVR (600 Watts)
2. Polk Sub (400 watts)
3. Oppo DVD Player.
4. External HDD
5. WD HD TV Media player.
6 29" Philips CRT

Thanks in advance.

Hello John,
I was using Monster HTS1000. Had bought it from the Indian Distributor for Rs.17000/- whereas US pricing of the same at that time was Rs.8000/-. In India what they sell are the UK versions with european sockets. You need convertor sockets for indian plugs which somehow degrades the perfomance a little. Currently i am using a 2 KVA Zephyr Power Conditioner from Audire.All the componets are powered up from that conditioner except sub which is directly powered from wall socket. This is a transformer based power conditioner weighing a hefty 50 kgs and performs far better than Monster. Moreover, these power conditioners can be custom built to one's requirement.
Regards
Vasu

Hello John,
I was using Monster HTS1000. Had bought it from the Indian Distributor for Rs.17000/- whereas US pricing of the same at that time was Rs.8000/-. In India what they sell are the UK versions with european sockets. You need convertor sockets for indian plugs which somehow degrades the perfomance a little. Currently i am using a 2 KVA Zephyr Power Conditioner from Audire.All the componets are powered up from that conditioner except sub which is directly powered from wall socket. This is a transformer based power conditioner weighing a hefty 50 kgs and performs far better than Monster. Moreover, these power conditioners can be custom built to one's requirement.
Regards
Vasu

Thanks a lot Vasu. I have a friend who can ship the Monster HTS1000 and it will cost me not more than 8500/-, I think. I can get the convertor sockeks locally. Just got confirmation that it won't work at 220volts. What about products from Singapore?

The power conditioner, how much did it cost? With its size, and if I decide to go for it, the only option would be getting it locally made. Do you have a website?

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Vasu. I have a friend who can ship the Monster HTS1000 and it will cost me not more than 8500/-, I think. I can get the convertor sockeks locally. Just got confirmation that it won't work at 220volts. What about products from Singapore?

The power conditioner, how much did it cost? With its size, and if I decide to go for it, the only option would be getting it locally made. Do you have a website?

John,
Electricity in Singapore & UK is same as here i.e. 220-240 volts. All the products from these countries will be rated for 220-240 volts. So no problem if you source your purchase from these countries.
I bought Zephyr power conditioner from Audire. It cost me Rs.25000/- for 2 KVA one. For your set up, i think 1 KVA will do. Currently Audire's website is down. If you want, i can pass their telephone numbers.
Regards
Vasu

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back