Most forgiving speaker

How about Mirage? Don't have much experience but i remember the sound to be on the woolly side of warm. It was some stubby multi/onmipolar thingy.

Cheers.

PS: This is a strange thread!

PS: This is a strange thread!

Unleash, Why u think so? and guys, jokes and bos(e)arcasms apart(ironically, myself being a bose owner) but neither bose crazy nor bass craving ) need some serious suggestions to choose between 9.1, 9.2 and now 10.1, something which can do the balancing act,to suit all genres(strictly no rap, trance and the like) and for a 120sq ft room.

Last edited:
Cooltoad, no offense mate! Its not often that you come across a query specifically for the most forgiving speaker. Everybody is after clarity, neutrality, transparency, accuracy etc etc.

From the ones listed, i would anyday pick the 9.1 amongst others. This is a fine speaker with all the right ingredients. Sounds brilliant, not fuzzy with placement or partnering. Serving me faithfully for past so many years with the same excitement it had when i got them, even though 2 years back I moved it to my bedroom set up to pair with an CR-515 and SW150.

Cheers.

Cooltoad, no offense mate! Its not often that you come across a query specifically for the most forgiving speaker. Everybody is after clarity, neutrality, transparency, accuracy etc etc.

From the ones listed, i would anyday pick the 9.1 amongst others. This is a fine speaker with all the right ingredients. Sounds brilliant, not fuzzy with placement or partnering. Serving me faithfully for past so many years with the same excitement it had when i got them, even though 2 years back I moved it to my bedroom set up to pair with an CR-515 and SW150.

Cheers.

Hi Unleash, no offence taken absolutely, although being sensitive(no pun) in search of a good speaker does help!!! and thanks for your pick, 9.1, do u think it will be ok for my room size, without being too lean on bass.and i welcome more suggestions from others as well.

Hi Unleash, no offence taken absolutely, although being sensitive(no pun) in search of a good speaker does help!!! and thanks for your pick, 9.1, do u think it will be ok for my room size, without being too lean on bass.and i welcome more suggestions from others as well.

By 9.1 do you mean the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1? Yes, it is a fabulous speaker for small rooms and has a wonderful midrange! The bass has oomph too, but it does not go low enough... but whatever bass is there is very tight and this is a HUGE PLUS.

Thanks Bhanja, two votes already for 9.1, do u think it is the better option for wall mounting? and what exactly is this tight bass, is it plus or negative?

Last edited:
Thanks Bhanja, two votes already for 9.1, do u think it is the better option for wall mounting? and what exactly is this tight bass, is it plus or negative?

Tight bass is always good. Tight means no smearing of bass notes... a drum roll or midbass energy in the music should not linger after it is over... The start and stop of the bass note should be distinct and it should not pollute the midrange.

The 9.1 is ok for wall mounting, but all speakers work best in free space... a little away from rear and side walls and on good stands. (stands for standmounters)

Also listen to the new 10.1 but I suspect that its bass is loose and boomy near a rear wall... they need lots of breathing space... have to listen to them more to give my final verdict... they are definitely clearer in the mids and treble than the 9.1 but the sloppy bass plays spoilsport.

A lot of speakers that I heard are more transparent than the 9.1, but the 9.1 has ONE BIG QUALITY... TONALLY ACCURATE AND HIGHLY RESOLVED MIDS WITH SWEET TREBLE... they are perfect for Western classical... (A genre to which I listen a LOT). The correct timbre makes everything sound natural, unforced and 'LIVE'!

But sheer clarity, soundstaging, imaging, bass reach and resolution... you might find better options than the 9.1, but certainly NOT AT ITS PRICE!

:clapping:

Thanks Bhanja, will keep 9.1 as an option. My room design wouldnt permit more than 1ft for placement of speakers. dont know if it is enough for 10.1. And when the speaker search ends, the amp search will begin.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back