Movie dialogue volume is very low

sashidhar

Hi group,
I recently bought the home theater.here is the setup....
Av: Yamaha 3067
Front speakers: missing vx 3
Center speaker: mission vx c
Surround: mission vx s
Woofer: pioneer

Music plays very good and I am happy abt it. Problem is with movies. Dialogue comes very low and even with blue ray movies..as per advise somewhere on the net...I changed the db level of center speaker to 6 db still same...
Are there any other tips or tweaks to be done??or this the issue with movies I am playing??
Thanks fr the help

Best Regds,
Sashidhar

How are you playing the movies. If it is bluray disc and with center channel level at 6db it should give good dialog clarity.

It is known issue with Yamaha AVRs - Check AVS forums ( this problem occurs only with movies, vocals in music sound perfectly fine )
Solutions
1. Put a large thick center mat in front of the front speakers. Cover the back of the front and center speakers with acoustic panels or foam tiles- basically tame the high freq.
cover the back wall of the listening area
2. Run YPAO - increase Center channel level to as much desired after noting down YPAO settings
3. Use PEQ (Equalizer settings ) increase 1khz band of the center speaker to as desired , simultaneously reduce other frequencies . if not satisfactory Try the same with Front speakers after setting them to 'Large".
4. There is a ARC setting in options menu (Not Settings menu) under HDMI (if I remember correctly) Toggle it On & Off and see
5. Increase the Bass setting and reduce the treble settings in the Options menu

All this tweaking should be done while running a Bluray Disc NOT with any downloaded movie file !

Hi group,
I recently bought the home theater.here is the setup....
Av: Yamaha 3067
Front speakers: missing vx 3
Center speaker: mission vx c
Surround: mission vx s
Woofer: pioneer

Music plays very good and I am happy abt it. Problem is with movies. Dialogue comes very low and even with blue ray movies..as per advise somewhere on the net...I changed the db level of center speaker to 6 db still same...
Are there any other tips or tweaks to be done??or this the issue with movies I am playing??
Thanks fr the help

Best Regds,
Sashidhar
Try relocating the center speaker to another position. Also, see how the vocals sound when you turn off the center speaker. This would send the vocals to you front channel speakers.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Do post a pic of the setup giving the placement of the centre speaker.
Having the front face of the centre speaker at the front edge of the shelf it is placed on might help.

I remember I have adjusted the EQ setting in the AVR. By default it will be all centered. Up the mid frequency range and you would see the difference.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back