Center channel speakers to go with Mission LX2-MKII

aksn

Hi Everyone,

For last 4 years I had been using Logitech Z906 with my TV for surround sound and it was doing a decent job. I recently purchased a Marantz NR-1510 receiver and Mission LX2-MK2 bookshelf speakers, which I am using as FL and FR. The center, surround, and subwoofer I just used from the z906 for now. Although they sound decent enough, I am thinking of upgrading the Center speaker now and others a bit later. I don't want to spend too much (<20k) and have a few options shortlisted:
  • Mission LX-C2 MK2
  • Mission LX-C1 MK2
  • Polk T30
  • TAGA HARMONY TAV-807C

Missions are 20-24k online (HiFiMart), while Polks are 12.5k and Taga one is 7.6k (both on Amazon after card discounts). Shall I go ahead with one of the Missions itself for similar sound? Would C2 be too large compared to the FL and FR?

The TV is in the living room, and is positioned such that the seating area is around 7-8 feet away. In the future I may move to another apartment but I doubt I will ever have a huge listening area. My usage is mainly movies and games (80%) and some music (20%).

Thanks!

Last edited:
Go for mission centre channel. In future when u shift to bigger room then simply add floor stand for front L & R. And current bookshelf add as surround.

Hi Everyone,

For last 4 years I had been using Logitech Z906 with my TV for surround sound and it was doing a decent job. I recently purchased a Marantz NR-1510 receiver and Mission LX2-MK2 bookshelf speakers, which I am using as FL and FR. The center, surround, and subwoofer I just used from the z906 for now. Although they sound decent enough, I am thinking of upgrading the Center speaker now and others a bit later. I don't want to spend too much (<20k) and have a few options shortlisted:
  • Mission LX-C2 MK2
  • Mission LX-C1 MK2
  • Polk T30
  • TAGA HARMONY TAV-807C
For the most immersive surround doing experience, its best to stick to the same manufacturer and model. It'll sound odd if the center channel has a different tonality to the Front LRs.
Missions are 20-24k online (HiFiMart), while Polks are 12.5k and Taga one is 7.6k (both on Amazon after card discounts). Shall I go ahead with one of the Missions itself for similar sound? Would C2 be too large compared to the FL and FR?
No, definitely go with the C2. The bigger the center channel, the better.

Go for mission centre channel. In future when u shift to bigger room then simply add floor stand for front L & R. And current bookshelf add as surround.
I was thinking of getting LX-1 as surround speakers later, but yours seems like a better idea. Thanks!

For the most immersive surround doing experience, its best to stick to the same manufacturer and model. It'll sound odd if the center channel has a different tonality to the Front LRs.

No, definitely go with the C2. The bigger the center channel, the better.
Alright, I will get the C2. Thank you!

I was thinking of getting LX-1 as surround speakers later, but yours seems like a better idea. Thanks!

Alright, I will get the C2. Thank you!
Going for the mission centre speaker is definitely a better VFM and they will blend in with your system. Heard that the Qx series is top notch and can stand its own ground with quality audio. I haven't personally auditioned one though except in YouTube videos .

I had a pair of Mission LX2 as L & R paired with Mission LX-C as center. The setup served me well till now. Recently upgraded front L&R to towers & shifted the LX2 as Surround speakers.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back