HT sound proof partition

dpkprabhakaran

Hi All,

I am currently building my dedicated HT room and requesting guidance on doing a sound proof partition.

I have currently have a space which is 8 feet x 10 feet (refer picture) which has brick wall on 3 sides. The rear area is open and I am planning to do a sound proof partition on the rear and extend the length to 15 feet.

Partition Plan: Planning to do a plywood partition (12mm) with Wood Studs and have Rockwool insulation to sound proof the room.

Would appreciate any inputs on this. Should I consider any other factors to get a decent sound proof partition.

Gear:
Currently setup: 5.14
AVR: Denon 3800H
FR &FL: JBL Stage A130
Center: JBL Stage A125C
Surround: JBL Stage A120
Atmos: Polk OWM3
Sub: Polk HTS 10

Thanks,
Deepak Prabhakaran

Attachments

• HT_Design.jpg
    HT_Design.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 25
Hi All,

I am currently building my dedicated HT room and requesting guidance on doing a sound proof partition.

I have currently have a space which is 8 feet x 10 feet (refer picture) which has brick wall on 3 sides. The rear area is open and I am planning to do a sound proof partition on the rear and extend the length to 15 feet.

Partition Plan: Planning to do a plywood partition (12mm) with Wood Studs and have Rockwool insulation to sound proof the room.

Would appreciate any inputs on this. Should I consider any other factors to get a decent sound proof partition.

Gear:
Currently setup: 5.14
AVR: Denon 3800H
FR &FL: JBL Stage A130
Center: JBL Stage A125C
Surround: JBL Stage A120
Atmos: Polk OWM3
Sub: Polk HTS 10

Thanks,
Deepak Prabhakaran
Given the nature of sound waves at different frequencies, ideally having different materials ( plywood/ fibreboard overlapped/ rockwool/ mass loaded vinyl ) would do an adequate job. Lower frequencies might be challenging due to their longer wave lengths. When putting them together, opt for acoustic sealant ( I believe it retains it's rubberised nature and does not harden )

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back