Movies/Music to Show-off system.

devilwearsprada

Welcome All,

I would like to open this thread to discuss music/movies that can be used to show off your system/components as this will help us to judge the system.

For Eg:

1. Tron:Legacy for the bass part :D
  2. POP : Sands of time and XXX - 1 for the surrounds.
  3. U571 and Universal Soldier for overall effects.

Thanks . :clapping:

There are quite a few existing threads on this http://www.hifivision.com/movies/29...enes-show-off-your-surround-sound-system.html

Nevertheless my take on a few recent ones over the usual ones
1. Daredevil (Boxing match)
2. Transformers (part 2 and 3) last 40 mins, set your head spinning, too much bass
3. Latest I watched Bourne Legacy the scene where a rocket bomb is fired from a unmanned aircraft - the explosion is too good

OPEN RANGE last shootout .... will blow your woofer's socks off !!!!! ....u bet .. :) .......... Every double barrel gun shot is like thunder on your head :D.......Try it and then tell if I was wrong ... :D

BTW the movie is one hell of a movie as well.

sam, open range-s last shootout I found is less heavy on sub, rather the rain and storm cene around the middle of the movie is more bass intense.

^^ WHAT!!!! damm man which woofer you have ... I have a typical low grade Onkyo 6200 HTiB woofer and even then it ripped apart by bed !!!! :D :D.

You sure you had the woofer settings correct .... (lame question I know .. :)) but I just wondered ...

if its 2-channel audio with a TT, then an original American or British vinyl pressing of Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon is a great bet.

There are quite a few existing threads on this http://www.hifivision.com/movies/29...enes-show-off-your-surround-sound-system.html

Nevertheless my take on a few recent ones over the usual ones
1. Daredevil (Boxing match)
2. Transformers (part 2 and 3) last 40 mins, set your head spinning, too much bass
3. Latest I watched Bourne Legacy the scene where a rocket bomb is fired from a unmanned aircraft - the explosion is too good

Ooh, well that never came up on search :p
Yea, man Dibs on Transformers Trilogy :D. Amazing effects, amazing bass, amazing movies.

And Yes, sir Pink Floyd- Too Much Love. I would also recommend the wham/george michael albums, amazing for the two-channels :clapping:

Life and Planet Earth blu-ray disks to show off your HDTV. Amazing visuals and good surround effects also.

OPEN RANGE last shootout .... will blow your woofer's socks off !!!!! ....u bet .. :) .......... Every double barrel gun shot is like thunder on your head :D.......Try it and then tell if I was wrong ... :D

BTW the movie is one hell of a movie as well.

Very much interested in this movie, has great ratings and as described would like to feel that blowing away effect.

Are we talking about a DVD, Blu-ray or perhaps a download here, as I'm curious about that sound effect on a downloaded quality.

Well sam I use a Polk DSW Pro 660 and it is quite good for an entry level sub. My crossover is 90Hz but frankly the last gunfight scene seems more to go over speakers than sub. Rather the rain scene with thunder storm is more of a subwoofer test

^^ mmmm well I am not very well informed when it comes to audio technology, so you might be correct, but woofer does play its part, thats for sure, so I guess its the complete combination of skp and woofer, that provides that effect, never the less. Evey single gunshot is pure bliss, that you would agree. May be the its the high accuracy in recording, whatever, but I have never witnessed that quality in a gun shot fight ever in any movie I have seen ...................... yes that includes john woo as well .... :)

Very much interested in this movie, has great ratings and as described would like to feel that blowing away effect.

Are we talking about a DVD, Blu-ray or perhaps a download here, as I'm curious about that sound effect on a downloaded quality.

well as haisaikat said, it might not be only woofer, but rest assured, the audio quality of the last gun shot is something to be witnessed. Its amazingly recorded. I fell in love with the entire last sequence ......

Last edited:
" We are soldiers" has one the best sound effects n gunshots.. Mind blowing sound..

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back