MP3 editing

nicco14

I have recently made a party mp3 mix that is a little over 9 hours and contains 166 songs all mixed into one large file. Is there any way that I can leave this as one large file but skip to certain songs within the file as per a song list. Every time I stop the player it goes back to the beginning. I've tried putting in markers during the editing process but it did nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, use Adobe Audition software. If your mix is in mp3 format, using Audition convert it to .wav format, you can split the file using timeline & export it as mp3 file. If you want further assistance go to help section of Adobe Auditon, hope this helps.

Anil.

I have recently made a party mp3 mix that is a little over 9 hours and contains 166 songs all mixed into one large file. Is there any way that I can leave this as one large file but skip to certain songs within the file as per a song list. Every time I stop the player it goes back to the beginning. I've tried putting in markers during the editing process but it did nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your responses. I tried splitting up the file and making 166 smaller
files with sound forge. That was no problem, the problem was that upon playback, you can hear the "glitch" or pause between the tracks. I removed the spaces but you can hear that break in the mix. The whole point of this mix was to make a long, perfectly mixed mp3 for playback thats sounds like it was being mixed live, no pauses.

I'm using winamp and windows media player. I also made cds to give my friends as a party reminder. they use it in their pc, probably with windows media player. I tried it in winamp with the separate files, I played around with the cross fader option to get it to flow but no luck.

Ah, you are using a PC for playback. My suggestion to split up your file was based on the assumption that you were using a standalone player of some sort. Well, this is easily done then.

First of all, try switching to Foobar2000 (foobar2000) for playback instead. This is an excellent freeware program that is lightweight but with numerous excellent features including the one you need.

If you are familiar with CUE files then you just need to know that Foobar2000 (or F2K as it is also called) supports it natively. If you are not, then you can read about CUE sheets on this page. You will also find there, software to create a CUE file so that either Winamp or F2K will treat your single, large file as numerous mp3s and play them seamlessly while still being able to jump back and forth between tracks.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
There is no way you can remove the pause, encoder adds 1 second pause on both the ends they are called handles. I have been editing audios for quite some time. Looping mp3 files are difficult because of pause at the end.

I'm using winamp and windows media player. I also made cds to give my friends as a party reminder. they use it in their pc, probably with windows media player. I tried it in winamp with the separate files, I played around with the cross fader option to get it to flow but no luck.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back