mp3 to audio cd

srenjith

Hi all,

Perhaps anyone can help me know if i burn audio cd from mp3 format, will there be a loss in quality? since i got some mp3 collections from a friend, i want to convert it into audio cd format so that it can play in my Marantz cd player..If there is going to be a loss in quality, is there any measure through which we can bring the original auidio format quality..Thanks in advance

Hi all,

Perhaps anyone can help me know if i burn audio cd from mp3 format, will there be a loss in quality? since i got some mp3 collections from a friend, i want to convert it into audio cd format so that it can play in my Marantz cd player..If there is going to be a loss in quality, is there any measure through which we can bring the original auidio format quality..Thanks in advance

No, there will be no loss in quality during conversion from mp3 to audio cd format, the quality will be same as that of that mp3 song ,
as you might know that that when an audio cd is ripped to mp3's
the songs are already degraded to medium quality (say becomes 18% of original) ,so when you again convert those degraded mp3 to audio cd format it remains that 18% of original ,

although 18% sounds horrible, but are not so noticeable unless you are playing it in a good cd/amp setup.

Fellow-pal Broysound is right ... there won't be any loss in quality when you burn mp3 tracks to audio cd. Use NERO software for burning audio cd.

The loss is when you compress it from lossless audio to compressed audio format or when you rip a CD in a compressed format.

Cheers,
Ramesh

Fellow-pal Broysound is right ... there won't be any loss in quality when you burn mp3 tracks to audio cd. Use NERO software for burning audio cd.

The loss is when you compress it from lossless audio to compressed audio format or when you rip a CD in a compressed format.

Cheers,
Ramesh

Ashampoo Burning Studio is a great alternative to Nero and does a great job and is free too. Check out Ashampoo Burning Studio Free - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

You can use burrrn software for burnin audio files. It is free . Also eac also has the option of burnin wav files

Hi all,
Thanks for the wonderful replies..But i am still confused. I will put my doubt as -
I got a MP3 disc which is compressed from original audio cd(someone mentioned 18% degradation)..Now i want to bring back the old quality(as it was before converting to MP3)..is it possible???

Hi all,
Thanks for the wonderful replies..But i am still confused. I will put my doubt as -
I got a MP3 disc which is compressed from original audio cd(someone mentioned 18% degradation)..Now i want to bring back the old quality(as it was before converting to MP3)..is it possible???

NO, once ripped to a mp3 format, nothing can be done to achieve that old cd quality,

no software no hardware can retain cd quality from a mp3 format.

TECHNICALLY- when a cd is ripped to mp3 , compression is done by removing low level signals, i.e a song part where only a acoustic guitar is played, say the range of that is 500 hz to 3000 hz, but the main volume is coming from only 1000 hz to 2500 hz , then the mp3 converter will remove that 500-1000 and 2500-3000 hertz part, thus achieving compression and reduction in size
although these parts were not audible in normal player but are very essential in good cd/amp/spk setup , that's why we use only original cd for our AV setup becuse these parts give depth , detail and lively feel of a song.

SO NOW tell me when mp3 converter removed those signals then how can you again bring back those signals
there's just no way you can recreate those signals.

Once mp3'ed life long it remains an mp3.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to get the original quality back.

When you convert an audio cd into mp3 file format, it roughly becomes one tenth the size. The quality also deteriorates, but not one tenth. Neverthless, there is some loss of sound quality that becomes noticeable as you play the mp3 files in better music systems.

When you burn your mp3 files into an audio cd, all you are doing is copying low quality music into a cd. You cannot get back the original quality. It is lost forever.

Back