MQA dac ?

MQA is basically a scam. There are enough articles describing the same.
Let your ears be the judge! Despite many articles to the contrary I have found MQA (properly executed ) to be rather impressive.Enhanced soundstage and a musicality that I find to be rather appealing.I agree that it is subjective (isn’t all audio?) but do hear it for yourself before you write it off.

Let your ears be the judge! Despite many articles to the contrary I have found MQA (properly executed ) to be rather impressive.Enhanced soundstage and a musicality that I find to be rather appealing.I agree that it is subjective (isn’t all audio?) but do hear it for yourself before you write it off.
I have heard it enough - it just sounds different due to different mastering and a forced apodizing filter tacked on. Better or worse I don't know - however one thing is for sure - convolving the output signal with a filter is lossy in plain mathematical terms.

I have heard it enough - it just sounds different due to different mastering and a forced apodizing filter tacked on. Better or worse I don't know - however one thing is for sure - convolving the output signal with a filter is lossy in plain mathematical terms.
If only maths gave us the answers to our audio conundrums, we would not have moved beyond the Nyquist frequency!

If only maths gave us the answers to our audio conundrums, we would not have moved beyond the Nyquist frequency!

What makes you think it hasn't?

About MQA there are two sides to the story - how it sounds and how it works.
How it sounds is subjective and many of us have plenty of experience with digital manipulation of music to make something sound "better".

How it works is a pure scam. Period.
The MQA approach just simply adds a filter which can easily be done in software. Instead the mind numbing nonsense they have cooked up to add their proprietary gobbledygook to the hardware chain is ridiculous. Their whole spiel is a solution to a problem that does not exist.

What makes you think it hasn't?

About MQA there are two sides to the story - how it sounds and how it works.
How it sounds is subjective and many of us have plenty of experience with digital manipulation of music to make something sound "better".

How it works is a pure scam. Period.
The MQA approach just simply adds a filter which can easily be done in software. Instead the mind numbing nonsense they have cooked up to add their proprietary gobbledygook to the hardware chain is ridiculous. Their whole spiel is a solution to a problem that does not exist.

Strong words indeed! However I must respectfully disagree! Whether in fact it is “spiel” or gobbledygook” as you so colourfully assert, from a purely subjective sense I like the sound! I too, have some experience with music (both digital and as an amateur musician) and have been listening to music critically for well on nigh 45 years! So in that sense I guess we must agree to disagree!

Strong words indeed!

Lookup the "MQA is Vaporware" on Computer Audiophile.
You will see my participation on there going back several years.
When I started looking at what's under the hood I became strongly opposed to MQA.

Lookup the "MQA is Vaporware" on Computer Audiophile.
You will see my participation on there going back several years.
When I started looking at what's under the hood I became strongly opposed to MQA.

I do read that forum regularly and have perused the “MQA is Vaporware” section with a great deal of interest.However when I acquired a DAC which was MQA capable (that attribute was secondary, I did not buy the DAC for that purpose) I was pleasantly surprised with the results! Just saying.

Care to mention which DAC including the rest of you chain?
Just curious to know a little more about your musical tastes as well.

BTW great to see that this brought you back on the forum.

Care to mention which DAC including the rest of you chain?
Just curious to know a little more about your musical tastes as well.

BTW great to see that this brought you back on the forum.

MSB Analog with the Version 2 renderer. My musical tastes range from Retro (hate that term ,makes me feel really old!) rock to now mainly western classical and opera. And thanks it’s great to participate in this wonderful forum!

MSB Analog with the Version 2 renderer. My musical tastes range from Retro (hate that term ,makes me feel really old!) rock to now mainly western classical and opera. And thanks it’s great to participate in this wonderful forum!
i completely second Nikhil, Being a happy owner of MSB products myself. :)
Cheers!
Anand

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back